Adding symbols on license plates

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by HR28QT, Jan 16, 2022.

1. HR28QT

HR28QT
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to go about making a custom platefont.json, but I believe I'm going about it wrong. Am I supposed to add a reference for it anywhere, or is the game just supposed to automatically recognize it?

I saw nothing about it on the tutorial page for setting up a license plate mod. I wanted to add symbols, as my state, North Carolina, does include symbols on the plates. I already have the textures made, and the platefont.json file should be formatted correctly - the game just isn't seeing it.

The solution is probably extremely obvious and I'm just not seeing it. Thanks a ton!
    --- Post updated ---
    Nevermind, I just dug in the game files and found out myself. Apologies for making a thread before investigating further.

For anyone who's ended up here with the same question, add what I'm pasting below in between the "text" line and the "diffuse" line in your license plate json. Edit as needed!

"characterLayout": "vehicles/common/licenseplates/SAMPLE_FOLDER_NAME/YOUR PLATE FONT.json",

Proof of concept, not normal mapped yet.
    upload_2022-1-16_0-9-45.png

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice