Adding some of the vehicles from Rigs of rods

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Jsap20, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

It would be very cool if we had the older Vehicles from ROR in BeamNG, or at least similar.
    Let me know what you think

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

IIRC the issue is Gabe sees his older work as lower quality and will only approve a public mod if he is assured it will be good quality. As for non-Gabe RoR vehicles, I don't see why not but I don't actually know any since that's before my time.

I hope we see more BeamNG reinvisionings of RoR vehicles (like the Barstow/Bandit)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

True that. So many of them have potential to be redone as BeamNG vehicles.

I think I said in the past that the Burnside could be transformed into a 70's - 80's land yacht, something akin to a Cadillac or a Lincoln.
    --- Post updated ---
    Would it be outlandish to see the Gavril MZ2 reimagined as a newer Barstow? I think it could work, though it could just be me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you do a very good job and show it to Gabester when asking, maybe he might consider?

There is Wiki page that has tips for converting, also NBeditor has some features to import ROR stuff, not sure how useful/working they are.
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Migrating_Content

Waiting something to happen takes a long time, making something to happen and you are always running out of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox1, Box5diesel , Pricorde, DeGa, RoRBot, (I believe) raceguy24, Gabester, LJFHutch, tdev and most of the BeamNG dev team where the main contributors to RoR, basically all of them left/went to Beam.
    I'd like to see Box5's Ram reworked into Beam personally, his Sisu, Duece and a half, or Nadeox's BMW
    RoR really had some good maps though like Baja Track, F1 Test track, and I like the simplicity of Flat Map

6. AgentSmith1199

AgentSmith1199
    Expand Collapse

Really? I'd imagine it as more likely the Gavril MZ2 would be either an ETK or a Civetta

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I remember one or more awesome tow rigs, would love to see those again!

8. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the newer model Gavrils in Rigs of Rods really didn't look American. The G2 and the Zeta look quite Japanese,

and the MV4 looks very German.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

Gavril was the only Manufacture Gabester had at the time, They where mods at the time, now his cars are all official content for Beam, so multiple manufactures would make a lot more sense. the MV4 would be an ETK, the G2 and Zeta most likely Hirochi.
    Though I thing the Omega was one of Gabester's more unique vehicles

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of the Omega. I once came up with the idea of a BeamNG Omega as a body style to a modern Roamer, being something akin to a Chevrolet Avalanche.

I think Gavril Roamer Omega has a nice ring to it. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BuggattiVitesse1

BuggattiVitesse1
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

guys to be honest this could happen but it is a very low chance and would take a long time since rigs of rods does not use jbeams and uses a different material for pysics so no it is very unlikely but it is possible since the devs have explained this before

12. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

I don't think ROR's Nodes and Beams are compadable with BeamNG's JBeams is the reason considering they're different systems, even though JBeam's are based on N&B's. that's why the Bandit had to be worked on the Barstow's JBeam structure

13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it would, as the Barstow is an "everyman's sports car", while the MZ2 is a Ford GT/mid-engined Corvette-style thing.

The G2 can easily be a Pontiac GTO-style thing, the Zeta could be an American take on the off-roady SUV (FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Xterra) genre and the MV4 can be a Ford Falcon/Holden Commodore/Pontiac G8-style car.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I think there's a tutorial on the BeamNG wiki that tells how to update RoR cars for BeamNG

15. xBeTox

xBeTox
    Expand Collapse

The MZ2 would sound better as a newer Bolide, wouldn't it?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

No, it's an US car.

17. xBeTox

xBeTox
    Expand Collapse

Oh, okay.
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, okay.

18. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I didn't look at it that way. I was thinking that at least to me, it looked like it could be a modern Barstow.

19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Why is everyone assuming OP is talking about Gabes mods? So many other people made mods for RoR...

In general though its pointless convertiting any, the n/b structures are incredibly basic compared with BeamNG vehicles and most of the meshes and textures are pretty dated (with exception of recent mods)

With all the changes and advances in the engine you will basically just be bringing over an old n/b shell and at that point you might as well just start from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty difficult. Trust me. I've tried it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice