Add a button to select transmission on vehicle select screen

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crazikyle, Apr 10, 2018.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I think in order to reduce clutter and possible confusion in the vehicle select screen, a button should be added that lets users select the transmission type they want, instead of listing out both manual and automatic cars. This would have the effect of making the list smaller, and new users may be less confused as to why each car is listed twice. Experienced users would also appreciate the fewer options, but would easily be able to select a manual transmission car if they so desire.

Better yet, but more complicated, add a preferred transmission option, where the user can select their preferred transmission, and the game would automatically select the configuration with the manual transmission, if one existed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

eh, I have to disagree. the new users could just read the (M) or (A) of all official vehicles, and just know they are different, even if they don't know the difference. And I honestly prefer the larger amount of configs displayed, it makes it a whole lot easier than having to press a button that takes you from manual configs to automatic configs. Especially with the laggy UI for most people with lots of mods. I prefer the player being able to just pick and choose all of the configs they want with having the whole selection of configs in front of them. Especially because all track and special varients of cars all mostly manual, so players that like automatic transmissions may just skip over those and they would be rendered unused and useless. This is what I think, personally. Also that would require more coding for the devs for something that doesn't really enhance the game in any way. The UI's are already very user friendly, anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice