ABS system needs to be tweaked?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by rryz19, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

When i was doing braking tests in a map at low speeds... the abs kicks in at 5mph when the brakes are slammed and it seems useless at those speeds. According to multiple websites and google... The typical ABS system activates at speeds above 12-15mph and is useless under those speeds.

So...

The Anti-lock braking system in the same is a little bit too sensitive as the brake pressure is applied halfway which isn't enough to lock the wheel.

Require it to work ONCE you reach 10 mph wheel speed as it's useless at super slow speeds

Skip to 0:05 on the video on the right

The video on the right is a great demonstration to see how the abs system doesn't work at low speeds (12mph)

The video on the right also shows it works at 25mph as shown

#1 rryz19, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. BreadForMen

BreadForMen
    Expand Collapse

I agree. To me the ABS system in-game is too sensitive - I barely touch the brake (controller & wheel) and the ABS is flipping out which is quite annoying when trying to perform threshold braking.

3. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

Thank You, at least I am not the only one concerned about it and yeah it is kind of annoying.

4. JayPlaysBeamNG

JayPlaysBeamNG
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, and when decelerating from high speeds, it takes too long to decelerate on K-series.
    Please make it more powerful.

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hehe, yea the current ABS certainly isn't operating as nicely as it should be. Not being up to real life braking distances is only one of the symptoms it currently suffers from.
    The good news is, I have been working on a complete replacement for quite some time, the bad news is, it will take quite a bit of additional time due to more important things on my todo list atm.

TLDR: New ABS is being worked on but will take more time, no ETA at this point.

#5 Diamondback, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice