Ability to export Automation torque curves and engine models

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 1UZ-FE, Jun 15, 2018.

1. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

The news about the Automation collaboration is simplyply amazing. So, I thought of posting my suggestion, as it seems appropriate now.

To import engine torque curves from Automation to Beam, I've been using jesseaye's converter. It works amazing.

But we still have more left to be desired. For one, the new unreal engine for automation is incompatible with the converter.

Even more so, we can't export any engine models from Automation. This makes every torque curve I export not as unique, since every engine needs to use an existing model.

As a suggestion with this amazing collaboration, the ability to export engine models and torque curves can really change the game!

I understand the torque curve goes against the more detailed engine simulation that we will see in the future, however for now, we are still using a torque curve list (per RPM), so I still think it is appropriate for current day beam.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I don't quite understand.

When you export car from Automation, that is whole car, WITH torque curve and presumable engine model too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

The new exporter will also export the engine model.

4. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

I'm seriously looking forward to exporting a car, taking the engine out, putting it in a beamng car and them having a hand-crafted engine, with a model and sound in said car. Engine swaps are going to be fun, even though I'm terrible at making engines in automation :p. I want to make a Renault D4F or F4R and put it into the Covet!

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

D4R was meh, F7R had a bit more soul.

6. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

the f4r was the engine found in the 182/172 clio and the d4f was found in the regular 16v clio (and other cars). The d4f may be a dull engine, but I'd still like to know how it feels (I have an 8v clio so I want to compare the difference). The f7r is also a very exciting engine which would be fun to play around with :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice