Ability to change drive bias

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SleepyPickup, Aug 22, 2013.

1. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

My favorite vehicle is the pickup, but only because it is 4wd. The ONLY 4wd. (van doesn't count in this case)

The hatch is slow, if you add power, it becomes an understeer machine. (I understand how FWD works, but this is just crazy)

The grand martial is slow, if you add power, it becomes an oversteer machine. (It already handles like early 60's american car, so it becomes undrivable)

If I could edit a line of code to make the hatch, or grand martial AWD/4WD, I would DIE. But if it could just be implemented as an option....seriously way cool..

2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

If you're using a keyboard to drive these cars, I'm allowed to say "Well there's your problem".

Otherwise, these cars behave as close to their real-life counterparts as you can get.

3. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Let me defend my point a little more.

I have a ton of pc games, and a good chunk of them are racing games. (NFS:shift, NFS:undercover, NFS:most wanted, Underground 1, 2, Forza)

All of them I enjoy driving, and have no problem controlling any car. I'd say I'm very good at it ;). I use a keyboard, I don't like using for example, a PS3 controller or 360 controller.

I understand this game is an alpha, and I'm blown away by it. But the RWD grand national is borderline unstable at any speed. And the hatch is fun, but same problem.

Once too much power is produced by the rear wheels, at low speed or if you break them loose at 100mph+ they spin while pushing the car forward, you can of course use the front wheels to control this (like real life), but with the grand national its almost impossible. It handles like an american truck with massive side walls. You could say the same about any american car. But like I said, I just want an AWD grand national, even if it's just a line of code.

Sure its supposed to have the suspension of almost any 1950-2000 american car, but this would just be a fun option or ability.

I don't care if the vehicles suspension stays the same, but my main point is, I would love an AWD option on ANY vehicle, in real life and in-game.

4. xDecapitator

xDecapitator
    Expand Collapse

Gabester just posted in his blog that theyve been messing with tire mechanics and other things that I know nothing about :p By tweaking things, they've apparently made the cars more drivable. According to the blog, it should be able in the the next update. According to one of the devs, the next update is coming in the next few days.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

5. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

6. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

I would like 4WD vehicles too, not because they're undriveable (because they're not really undriveable), but because they're awesome to rally and play around with. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice