WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

There's Roane County for that.
    Some of the parts of Los Injurus will resemble northern / north-eastern city styles, while much of it remains south-west or west USA theming - it's a melting pot of different cities and styles. I just haven't gotten to everything yet.
    Yes, the airports will be very detailed. I have to buy some props which is going to run me 20~50$ depending on what I get. This will enable me to flesh out the airport really nicely. The airport taxi-way / runway area of the civilian airport should 'about double' in size. There's also going to be roughly 2 miles of runway length on the 'ocean side' of the concourses.
    If you're speaking of the military airport, that will also receive it's own set of props in due time. I won't be doing more to the military (island) airport until I get more of the highways improved out there - as this is a driving simulator, with driving vehicles being currently more important.

Map progress, real life and poor health have slowed progress a bit BUT it's getting better.
    The parking lot I was working on has almost everything but AI and some more signs. It will have AI in the beta though so no worries there.
    Sorry for delay after delay but I wasn't going to cut off progress when I've done 90% of what I wanted to do by the beta, and of course real life gets in the way. I believe I have a good two solid days of work yet, maybe 3. Of course it's worth mentioning I've had to put a few support tickets lately into the Maya message board due to hitting bugs and snags in the work flow. That takes time when I have to wait for a response and sometimes halts the modeling work-flow here, though I can often find something to do in the editor in the mean-time.
    I've also added huge speed humps now to the airport terminal roads, the AI slams them at full speed and can sometimes jump OVER a vehicle just past the speed hump. Los Injurus, the home of vertical overtaking!

Also, if anyone knows who does KissMP for BeamNG, have them get into contact with me here, so I can help get this map working in multiplayer.
    Just know it's being worked on.

Piano-filled 'moving truck' VS derpy AI going everywhere. To infinity and beyond.

• Like Like x 3
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

You mean the makers or potential users ? The makers are The Hellbox and Dummiesman.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DomAviation

DomAviation
    Expand Collapse

The makers because he said 'who does KissMP for BeamNG' which I guess means he is talking about the devs

4. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I hope you're doing better now - at the end of the day your health is far more important than this mod, but thank you for working on it and keeping us posted when you can. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I am doing okay here, the Airport model is almost done, and I've been a bit busy IRL so it's held everything back by days / a week.
    My sister has a place that I'm trying to help her fix up to live in, so she has a home; and I have a funeral for a good friend to attend to soon - she will be missed sorely.
    Please bare with me if possible, if anyone is upset at the delay I can't blame you to be honest, it's all good if you want to ream me out... but between doctor appointments, helping my sister, and the death of a friend, holy smokes does it mess up your schedule.
    My schedule basically got BeamNG'ed, if that makes any sense.
    I can handle it, I am okay especially with the new meds the doctor put me on for Fibromyalgia (I don't think I spelled it right, I never can get that one right!). However, my heart really pains for the poor little 12 year old that lost her mother. The 12 year old is my sister's kid's best friend that lives right down the road a bit... so for that poor unfortunate 12 year old going through losing a mother at such an impressionable age I feel great pain. No amount of Nintendo games, clothes or shoes, or anything else, will fill that void. All I can do is try to be supportive for those in need.
    This death is unrelated to the current on-going Covid 19 crisis.

I will try to post some stuff up tomorrow night or Saturday as I just got back in town and haven't even made/eaten dinner yet. I will have the beta uploaded whenever it is ready.
    Stay healthy and stay alive folks, I don't want to lose any of you folks. I re-started my heart by myself in October 2013 and I'll be darned if I am going to give up now, so don't you give up either. The road ahead may not be smooth, may or may not be well traveled, the corners may not be marked, nor is there guide-rail always there. However, it's what is at the end of the road that is worth it, wherever that road and it's end may be.

#1645 bob.blunderton, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I'm constantly in awe of the sheer scale of this map, and after reading more about your personal experience, this is even more impressive.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure no one is going to begrudge you for putting real life before BeamNG work. I'm anxiously (but patiently) waiting for the next update.

Stay strong!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SynergyBoi

SynergyBoi
    Expand Collapse

Just wanna know, how big is this map?

8. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

6.6mi * 6.6mi = 44 mi² IIRC

9. SynergyBoi

SynergyBoi
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I can't use this then. My computer only runs maps up to 2.4 km square smoothly.

10. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

It takes me 25 minutes to load, so I completely understand :)

11. SynergyBoi

SynergyBoi
    Expand Collapse

Oh.....

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Maybe give this a try anyway, it's mostly really well optimized and runs about as good as some smaller maps

13. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it never hurts to try, your results may vary :D

14. Driftking2009

Driftking2009
    Expand Collapse

THIS IS THE BEST MAP EVER!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

Just avoid the tunnel near the airport. There's an error that will grind your machine to a halt. (Known issue; author will fix it when he gets to it.)

16. Dogs1208

Dogs1208
    Expand Collapse

i cant pack it or find the button to pack it

17. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

So, you're in the main menu. Then you click on "repository", then "mods", then search/look for the mod name. If you find it, right click it, and then press "pack".

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Roughly the same size as the map area in GTAV. The GTAV main island is a tiny bit longer, but this has slightly more square mileage of land. It's not really going to 'feel' much different in size. However, since there's not always a road directly from A to B on the map, it can take a bit of time to get to some places depending on where you are.
    For example, while the highways are rather quick to go from A to B, if you drive in the city for example from the abandoned mall to the Sprawl Mart, it can take a little while (there's an inner loop of highway that rings the city, and an outer loop of highway that rings most of the entire terrain, a dog-leg section that really climbs a mountain going almost perfectly straight, and a partial loop by the industrial / civilian airport that dumps off onto surface streets past the airport).
    There's over 50 unique miles of highway, a large variety of interchanges some with fly-over ramps, 3-y hybrid interchanges, a full flyover stack by the airport, both flat straight areas, hilly straight areas, winding snake-like mountain passes with some challenging grade for truckers, a double-decker section on a cliff face (there will be at-least one more like it), several tunnels - some with walls that pinball your car, and all sorts of other interesting things. The map has 3 airports (a large civilian airport with 145 gates and 5 concourses with a huge 2-level terminal with separate arrival and departure levels for ease of congestion; there's a military airport on an island though the base isn't built yet except runway hangars and check point, and a small challenging private airport on a mountain ridge with a sloping runway), a wide variety of surface roads of which there's over 100 miles already of, and what is likely one of the largest varieties of asphalt textures in any computer game - many made here custom.
    Most of the map features AI except a few spots I've missed - most of which I know of - so it should work quite well except a few quirky spots I couldn't get to work right yet due to game-engine limits, even the dirt-track has AI on it (the AI cannot escape, nor drive to the dirt track from surface roads as they aren't linked, but once you place AI vehicles there it will continue to do loops uninterrupted for as long as you wish, traffic will also spawn there).
    There's a massive subway system under construction, a few miles of it are already in, in two not-yet-connected (but will be eventually) sections of the city.
    I have made provisions for the massive civilian airport to have a 'plane train' concourse access train in the future, but I haven't started working on the train / tunnel yet nor will I until the map is much further along.
    I hope there is a little something for everyone here.
    Sorry if it gets a little slow by the huge civilian airport, it does do it here also. Switch textures to medium if you have a 4~8gb video card as on high the map will JUST go over 8gb by a tiny bit - that was my boo-boo that was mentioned earlier, which will eventually be fixed so that it doesn't go slow for folks. There's no way to currently unload models between uses / being used, so once you go over the VRAM limit it cuts FPS in half or slightly less by using system memory too which is slower. 10~12gb video cards (or higher) will have zero trouble running this on high. I will try to get that glitch fixed for the next public release.
    --MAP PROGRESS--​
    I finally had time to pick up where I left off on the map last week or so, before all heck broke loose. So I might be able to get my stupid runways done so I can release this thing soon. Sheesh, talk about being disappointed in one's self - that's an understatement. However, I did write this out so you folks know work is going on over here.
    Another few days of being able to work on this (I have about half of the remaining time in the week to work on this), and I should have it pretty much licked & have something uploaded for supporters.
    Thankfully things have somewhat calmed down for a bit here on my end of things, so for that I am GREATLY appreciative. Maybe it can stay that way for a bit so I can catch up.
    --Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  19. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

An idea for the airport highway glitch: Put up a couple of temporary highway signs at the nearest crossover, something like "SLOW - Construction Ahead" as a reminder to avoid that area for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

10.000.000 IQ

Jokes aside, that's actually a very nice idea!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice