1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A friendly little challenge between players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheCrySick, Jun 9, 2020.

1. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Please, note that English is not my native language, and I didn’t use any translation tool, because I’m trying to become bilingual. I think this post is understandable, but if you see any mistake, feel free to correct me :p

Hi everyone! :)

I would like to organize a small and friendly event, without any inscription! And it begins right now! First, I want to give some precisions, this way, if you don’t like the idea, you will not have to read everything. ;)
    • There is nothing to win in this event, except the proudness to be the first. :p
    • The event will take the form of 4 different time trails. You are not forced to take part to the 4 challenges, because there will be a different ranking for each one.
    • There will be various categories of vehicles choice, with 3 sub-category each time: one for each type of controller (keyboard, gamepad, steering wheels). Like this, you will only have to compete with people who plays in the same conditions than you.
    • Each challenge will be quite different, there will be a competition on a race track, on a smooth road, on a bumpy road, and on a mixed surface. And once again, you are free to choose those for which you wish to participate.

Now, if you are still interested, I will give you more details! :)
    1) There will be 3 different categories. Your free to take part to different categories for the same challenge:
    • 1st category: You are free to choose the vehicle you want, in the configuration you want, modded or not. This is basically the category of the freedom! :p

• 2nd category: If there is a thing that I like, it’s designing and tuning cars, and I am curious to see how far my cars can be pushed. So, for this second category, you will have to use the asked car for each challenge. I know a lot of people doesn’t like Automation car, and I can perfectly understand why. But please, give my cars a try before judging them, I swear they are not some “20 minutes mod”. I play with a gamepad and a steering wheel, so all my cars are tuned for those controllers. Most of my cars have different configurations, so, you are free to choose the one you want.
    • You can submit the time you have made for this category in the first category if you want to.

• 3rd category: For Automation users or modders, you can create a car to compete on the challenge you want and submit your time in this category. Just remember, the power isn’t always the key.
    • You can submit the time you have made with your car in the first category only if your car has less than 1000hp. But please, I will ask you to share here, on this topic or in the mod repository the car you have used if you want to submit your time in the first category, this way, if your car is the fastest, anyone can give it a try and hope to beat your time.

2) The 4 challenges of this event are the following, choose the ones that interest you, don’t bother with others:
    • Challenge of the race track: On the Long Race Circuit of Hirochi Raceway, you will have to do one lap, as fast as you can, without rolling start. The car asked for the 2nd category is the replica of a real car, the Arrinera Hussarya GT.

• Challenge of the smooth road: On the Mountain Course of West Coast USA, you will have to do one lap, as fast as you can, without rolling start. The car asked for the 2nd category is the fictional sport grand coupé, the Initiale Vaucluse GTF.

• Challenge of the bumpy road: On the Road Course 1 of Utah USA, you will have to do one lap, as fast as you can, without rolling start. The car asked for the 2nd category is the replica of a real car, the Talbot-Matra Murena S. This is the only car without configuration.

• Challenge of the countryside: This is the hardest of the 4 challenge, your rally car may be seriously damaged! On the Mixed Stage 2 of Small Island USA, you will have to do one lap, as fast as you can, without rolling start. The car asked for the 2nd category is the fictional trail vehicle, the EMG Antilope.

3) To submit your time, you will just have to fill out this form. Easy, isn’t it? You can submit as many times as you want for each challenge, but only your best time for each category will be use for the ranking. The submitted times will be visible by anyone at all time here, this way, you will be able to see the actual record for the category and sub-category for the challenge of your interest. I will add the links at the end of this post too.

4) I don’t know for how long I will let this event run, I will make my decision later, but I will warn minimum 1 week before the deadline.

That’s all! You can use this topic to discuss, to help other participants, to share your thoughts about this event, to give me feedback on my cars, or even to share replays of your attempts. In other terms, you can use this topic as you want!

If you like this idea, and if you know some people who would be interested too, feel free to share this topic!

I hope you will enjoy those little challenges! Good luck! :)

Links:
    Time submission: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0hUd_avvbzpELygo0Lnk74L9gPgxmylchvvunqoc2Z2KBvg/viewform
    Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NCGi0bJqkFVpJIo47hgRvvG3ONxL6v4efxmdvDvs4bk/edit?usp=sharing

#1 TheCrySick, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

FYI, i have now added a reference time on each challenges for the second catégory (gamepad). You can see them on the result tab! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

this sounds really cool! I like how much effort you put into this one.

#3 G-Farce, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!
    But sadly there is only one participant at the moment :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I'll help you with that later friend! I really hope you figure out how to get it running again :p

6. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Well I am trying to give it some publicity by updating some of my cars and releasing new cars ^^'

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

This looks really cool, I might try it later. May I suggest adding a 4th class of cars? It would be for any unmodded vehicles upgraded with parts only found in the stock game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

You have the point, I will add this new category in the Google Form :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice