1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

a bit confused, very new to modding and beamng

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by nathantc, Jul 27, 2015.

1. nathantc

nathantc
    Expand Collapse

ok so i have seen this talked about in a few areas, but nothing has helped
    the two vehicles im using are both downloaded mods and both work just fine, thing is i want the wheels and tires off the helljeep onto the DSC Scarab. now i have see some were on it being shown how to do this with blender, which only downloaded hours ago, still learning how to even use it, but the trouble is the scarab does not have a dae file. now i have made everything work except the helljeeps wheels and tires are invisible on the scarab, though they are there and debug mode confirms it, they are a bit taller so you can tell they are on there and the handling is quite different. so i know it works physically but i cant get them to show up visually and hell, i even transferred all the files pertaining to the wheels and tires over to try and make it work, but to no avail

hoping not to get flamed here to much for this post, just looking to get pointed in the right direction

next step will to use the trail ready jeep grand cherokee wheels and tires on it as well, but need to figure out how to make them visually work first, the rest is ez

trying to add a zip of my progress to see if some one here can help fill in the blanks on what i may have missed

Attached Files:

#1 nathantc, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. nathantc

nathantc
    Expand Collapse

ok so almost 120 views and no one answer, i can feel the love here for sure

3. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

:/ There's no need to be passive aggressive.

I'm away from my main computer, so I can't download your project, but I can tell you what I would do:

Dump all the files of both cars into one directory,
    Open up the wheel jbeams of the Scarab,
    copy one of the wheel options (sport wheels, etc) and paste it again, essentially making a copy of the wheels
    in this new duplicated wheel, find the flexbodies section and change the scarab's original wheel object name to the name of the object name for the helljeep's wheels
    make sure the materials.cs has the material for the helljeep's wheel

and done. I had to figure this out it my head so I can't guarantee those are the exact steps to take, but they should give you a rough idea.

good luck

4. nathantc

nathantc
    Expand Collapse

i apologize, just kinda frustrating seeing so many people make complete vehicles yet i cant even swap tires from one to the next lol

i tried what you said, but still the same outcome, the wheels and tires are clearly there, the buggy is higher off the ground due to this and wire frame mode shows them to be there yet they are invisible, i dont get how they work on the helljeep but even with all the same info for the wheels transferred over to the buggy they do not

5. Hotwheelerguy

Hotwheelerguy
    Expand Collapse

You have to realize that all of the people making their own vehicles are incredibly skilled and put hours and hours into them, even something as seemingly simple as a wheel swap isn't all that easy, and most people aren't going to be able to help you.

6. nathantc

nathantc
    Expand Collapse

yes, im beginning to see how complicated it can be, hell i read some where that i have to use blender to do this simple swap, and i downloaded it, yep, out of my league until i find some one local to walk me thru it, sadly i would only need to see it done once, step by step and then i could do all the wheel swapping i wanted lol

7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

No offence but I have had 300 views on issues with no responses.

First off, some people might go on assuming its a quick and easy fix for some modeling project or they just might be curious about the thread look at it, see a wall of text they feel they don't have the time to read and leave.

Not to mention it's not as simple to do as you think.

Others might think they could offer help see what you are asking and than no be able to.

Modeling, texturing, UVs and Normals, not to mention Jbeam related questions all on threads always get like a 1 response per 100-500+ veiws when the thread is new and it's just someone asking for help on a complicated subject.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

With no dae on the scarab there is little you can do.

did you change the flexbodies in the jbeam and the mesh so the wheels actually exist in the mesh? If answer to either question is no, then the wheels are going to be invisible.

9. nathantc

nathantc
    Expand Collapse

im pretty sure did, ill have to look again to be sure i didnt miss that part, but yeah, i think this is a dead end due to no dae on it, to bad cause its the only down side to the buggy is the tiny wheels and they are ugly to boot

i just moved the hell jeep wheels jbeam's to the buggy folder and changed the slot name so they show up, all the info is there for the hell jeep wheels, i can put them on the buggy and they show up in wireframe mode, they work great on there but you cant see them, looks funny running around with invisible wheels

also moved all items pertaining to the wheels and modded every file that has to to with wheels and added the helljeep wheels info, hard to explain but there was a lot involved and still no joy

#9 nathantc, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice