WIP '91-'95 Ibishu Pessima RSV [Paid Early Access Available]

Discussion in 'Land' started by FalloutNode, Jun 21, 2024 at 8:43 AM.

1. FalloutNode

FalloutNode
    Expand Collapse

banner.png
    '91-'95 Ibishu Pessima RSV

About the mod:

This mod started development a good while ago, taking inspiration from various soft-roaders from different eras, mainly the '02 Subaru Baja, '95 Subaru Gravel EX, '94 Honda Civic Beagle and the '89 Dodge Sport-Utility Van Concept. In mid 2021 I created a quick concept in 2D
    rsv_concept_2021_05.png
    18_05_rsv_model.png
    Progress was quick at first, it was in-game and 'instagram ready' after a just a few weeks, but soon things slowed down, then I realised it had been a way too ambitious of a project to undertake, with the skills I had then. So it sat unfinished for the better part of 3 years, while I slowly worked on various other 3D projects, sometimes putting them into this game, learning how to model, texture and JBeam better, which led me to be confident enough to pick this back up and try to get it to a state where I would feel comfortable sharing it.

Current state:
    screenshot_2024-06-20_00-56-35.png
    While it has not been quick or easy, by now the mod is largely finished, by some definition of the word. Main modeling, texturing and JBeam bits are done, less important and more vapid work such as badging, configurations, more accessories, some more skins, proper testing and balancing in career mode, is not yet fully done.
    screenshot_2024-06-20_22-43-35.png screenshot_2024-06-20_22-44-32.png screenshot_2024-06-20_23-02-16.png screenshot_2024-06-20_23-02-58.png

Early access and info:

Right now, if you want, you can get early access to the mod on either Gumroad or Ko-fi.
    Once the aformentioned items are finished, and other issues found later are fixed, the mod will be released for $$free$$ on the repository : )
    p.s., you'll also want to get this mod for the included configs to work as intended

Notable mod features:
    • Various factory configs and parts, such as suspension, accessories side graphics, interior colors, engines and a custom set of metric gauges​
    • Custom set of wheels with size variations​
    • Bespoke body JBeam with a fully functional cargo bed and tailgate, with some cargo boxes included as loads​
    • UV-mapped custom bodyparts​

Credits and appreciation:
    @LucasBE - original Type-SX wheel model, some JBeam advice, all the way back in 2021, thank you for being first person who contributed
    @DaddelZeit - front pushbar jbeam, also all the way back in 2021 something I couldn't've done back then, thank you for also being one of the first people who contributed
    @LJ74 - taillights, tailgate jbeam, some texture and model cleanup, a nicely working tailgate was something that was proving to be particularly difficult for me to pull off
    @Kueso - asking LJ to help for me because I was too scared to ask LJ directly, restoring functionality of the mod after it was broken by 293409 game updates while I didn't want to touch it, helping to resurrect the mod from skull and death
    @SlickNick924 - for ''I didnt do anything, I modified like 5 lines" handling and load capacity improvements through suspension retuning, i dont understand suspension, would be much worse without your help
    @RazorFourForty - coming up with the initialism 'RSV' within .0003 seconds, when no one actually asked, but it sounds good and has a meaning that makes sense
    @MrCin - rigorous beta testing of the beta tests, trust the process
    @FR3DDY_CR (croatia) - pointing out the lack of realistic mirror support on the rearview mirror and also implementing it
    @Everyone else who has given valuable feedback and support over the years
    @gabstar (aka gabester, gabasedster, swagster, best beamng dev) for mk1 oessima...

#1 FalloutNode, Jun 21, 2024 at 8:43 AM
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024 at 4:46 PM
    • Like Like x 39
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

thank you beamng dev hatsune miku for bootleg subaru blahaj it is very good mod :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. pigeonperson

pigeonperson
    Expand Collapse

Lemme guess: RSV stands for Really Sexy Vehicle

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. armando446

armando446
    Expand Collapse

I have about 5 hours to get home, but I have gladly paid for it.

5. RyanCookie

RyanCookie
    Expand Collapse

Woah that is flippin awesome! Looking forward to it

6. HerbieVW953

HerbieVW953
    Expand Collapse

looks pretty sick guess I'll get it lol

7. coolcarguy#1

coolcarguy#1
    Expand Collapse

I remember seeing this! this is awesome.

8. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Australia vibes

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DannyZGR15

DannyZGR15
    Expand Collapse

This reminds me of the Subaru Baja.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

Can you do it for the melty pessima too? Once you’ve finished this one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. itz_rc

itz_rc
    Expand Collapse

this looks really cool :> good job

12. SubaruPenguin

SubaruPenguin
    Expand Collapse

This is so sick!!!

13. Dieter Huysamen

Dieter Huysamen
    Expand Collapse

14. Wassup487

Wassup487
    Expand Collapse

15. A beam player

A beam player
    Expand Collapse

16. Chris Faunt

Chris Faunt
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome. Pessima mk1 is my favorite car, this will make it 100 times better.

17. Josh94

Josh94
    Expand Collapse

very nice mod but i've found 2 small things needing your attention ;

- Unequipping the backglass ( backlight ) from the parts selector , both in garage and freeroam modes , breaks the back of the car , between the rear seats and the bed .

- The front seats appears to be floating .

Attached Files:

• 20240621143018_1.jpg
    • 20240621143030_1.jpg
    • 20240621143123_1.jpg
  18. FalloutNode

FalloutNode
    Expand Collapse

front seats floating is just how it is on the pessima, 2015 standards i guess
    going to look into the glass thing, probably caused by the fact removing glass also removes some weight from the surrounding nodes, which is causing the structure to become unstable and explode
    thank you for reporting the issues, never thought to remove the glass after redoing a large portion of the bed jbeam

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kemono

Kemono
    Expand Collapse

Babe wake up, a new ute mod has dropped

20. Braskus

Braskus
    Expand Collapse

Bought the early access.. Love it. Pretty well made. The high-low transfer case does not respond to controller hotkeys tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice