Cancelled 89-92 Toyota Chaser 1JZ twin-turbo super early alpha

Discussion in 'Land' started by Mythbuster, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty much bored with BeamNg and can't be bothered with it anymore. I dunno if I'll get back into it, but I might as well release my beta crap so people can actually enjoy it. Have fun. I know it doesn't help to say "don't re-upload" because some twat will do it anyway, so do whatever you want really... If you want the reason why I got bored with beamng: development of this game isn't going in the direction I would like, and it's going too slowly for my liking, and I'm doing full working weeks of doing 3d stuff, which means that when I get home and in the weekends, I just can't be bothered to do anything 3d...

Download

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

bzk2D.jpg

Rest of this post is old.
    -----------------------

First of all: I know of 99% of the bugs in this already. Unless you find something that's truely hard to find out about, don't bother posting. Ie I know the trunk opens randomly on spawn. I know that if you go over a bump sometimes the front end gets hydraulics and the suspension jacks up like crazy. I'm not sure what's causing this. I also know the left rear door sometimes get buckled for no reason. I know that sometimes the whole front end explodes. It has a ton of bugs that I'm still working on. I know this.

Secondly: I'm doing this super early public pre-alpha sort-of as an experiment for myself. I have no idea how this is going to work out, but if I feel like it's a positive thing for the development of vehicles, I might do it again. If I find it annoying I might stop updating till I can release the car. Begging isn't going to help, so don't do it.

I'm working on this thing on and off, right now I'm sorta kinda working on it again, but I might get bored in a week, who knows. It'll get finished at some point.
    I don't know how frequently I'll update this.

This is what it looks like right now.
    9EgzQ.jpg 9EeXV.jpg

Have fun! :)

EDIT: Download removed because some retard uploaded it to another forum. Thank your other forum users for not being able to treat peoples work with respect. There is no beta group yet, but if I ever make one, you can get a link for it there.

Attached Files:

#1 Mythbuster, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

Re: 89-92 Toyota Chaser1JZ twin-turbo super early alpha

Oh my god. This is just plain AWESOME!

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Re: 89-92 Toyota Chaser1JZ twin-turbo super early alpha

First slidenode car, excellent.

4. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

YES ITS OUT.
    thanks for the awesome mod mythbuster!
    edit
    i like it alot even though it is not complete, it is a ton of fun!

5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

drives great!

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

drives awesomely (also noticed that you made the roof pillar's destructable, noticed because i hit the "Break all breakgroups" button, which destroyed the pillar's (the roof stayed in place funnily enough, i'm assuimg you know this already though))

7. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

The XL version sort of blows up and crashes my game. Other versions are awesome though!

8. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Nice mod, can't wait to see it finished! Glad we got SLIDENODES, aren't ya m8? (づ。◕‿◕。)づ Thanks BeamNG

9. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

have you seen THIS happen? only since you didn't mention it in the first post....
    chaser issues.png
    I used the standard JZ (not the drift or the race I think) and I went into the parts menu and put on the drift differential, that's it, then it imploded...this screenshot is as soon as I respawn, halfway through its destruction. happens in an instant. I hit J as soon as the car came back from spawn. sorry if you alrdy know about it, it drives amazing tho, I can tell the macpherson struts are really nice.

10. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

Mooi
    How far is the BMW.
    (helaas nog geen dafjes gezien maar ik blijf wel nog opletten of er ergens een staat.)

#10 chris_lucas, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that's sorta the front end exploding. Haven't really had it happen that severely though(for me the rear half always stayed relatively in-tact). Same happens when you change to some other coilovers I believe. Idk, there's something weird going on. I believe if you just ctrl+r the car after it explodes like that, it's fine. while using the same parts?! So I honestly don't know whats causing it but yeah...
    If someone somehow at random finds out what's causing the exploding, please do tell, it's kinda a hard bug to track down atm. I'll post if I find it out myself :)

And yes, I know the XL is completely broken :p I haven't updated any of that in like, months :p

@Chris: The BMW is on hold till I can be bothered to make my own mesh :p So like, many many months from now :p

#11 Mythbuster, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  12. CarPro1993

CarPro1993
    Expand Collapse

Very nice. The model is well detailed already, especially for an early beta. Blast to drive, though buggy as you're well aware of. The 1JZ is a fun engine in real life to drive, imagine a 4.0 1UZ V8 in a car like this.

13. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Sweet! It behaves very controllably on pre-race! I'd be stoked to see a drifting scene born out of this game with all the supporting cars n mods :)

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

haha, the Break All BreakGroups button destroys alot of the mesh :p

15. derbymutt

derbymutt
    Expand Collapse

I love the uber high quality wheels on this. :p

It drives great though.

16. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

I like that you released this early. I like to see the progression of mods, and I'm eager to see what comes of it next. Btw, its coming along great so far. A surprising amount of fun from such a simplistic vehicle

17. shiron2015

shiron2015
    Expand Collapse

Looks good! I can't wait to drive this car on twisty roads :)

18. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

This is a very sexy car, I've been happily anticipating it for a while now. As far as bugs go, only the things you pointed out seem to happen. Perhaps changing the parts is doing something strange to the nodes?

Anyways, it's great so far, the handling is really quite fun (a bit of a handful with a keyboard, but that's a good thing of course:D). I look forward to seeing it finished.

19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Very nice work Tom :D

The mesh is really clean and looking accurate so far and handling is really impressive so the slide-nodes have defiantly paid off. Oh and the trunk poping open is super ghetto so thats a thing :p

20. nikobelichgta5

nikobelichgta5
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice