3ds Max Work Flow - Please help

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Stealthy, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Stealthy

Stealthy
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone First time Poster,
    Ive been playing with Beam trying to figure this all out but it seams without some prior knowledge of say ROR your working in the dark almost ,
    Ive been using max to get a race chassis into the game as a starting point. but as ive jumped from Rfactor to beam i have no idea if im on the right track.
    so if someone could look threw what im doing and let me know if im on the right track that would be amazing.

1. I made a line map of my chassis
    2.Using the vertexs of the line map i copy all the positions one by one into NotePad++
    3.Link all the Nodes.

Im Only Asking because im having alot of trouble with it all , i get it working then add something else and it crashes again.
    is there a easier way of exporting all the node positions?

2. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

I just do node positions manually. It really doesn't take that long. Beams, beam stiffness tuning and such will be something that'll take you days to get right. ;)

3. Stealthy

Stealthy
    Expand Collapse

dam altho i think i am going about this wrong i was trying to use a single beam for everybar of the chassis rather then a box like the truck has

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice