Released 2020 Land Rover Defender (Update 27/12 - Hotfix)

Discussion in 'Land' started by JorgePinto, Dec 19, 2021.

1. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Great job!

Since the original mod has been abandoned, I think the best to do if you agree is to make that part of the mod itself, giving credit to you and the original modder

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

go back orginial v8 sound thanks

3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

very cool,
    one thing i noticed, since the lights on the defender are projector leds, wouldnt it make sense to use the ETK 800/K series light thing, since they're also projecter LEDs, while, i think, these are Vivace/Tograc ones?

4. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

The recent updates and progress makes what I'm doing now pointless and simply foolish. :p Not trying to make myself sound shameful but great work people!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dönerfreak

Dönerfreak
    Expand Collapse

Yes, i will try to improve it a little bit and then i can upload the files needed.
    I will take a look
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok so, i improved it.
    The pattern is now like this: screenshot_2022-01-28_19-07-32.png screenshot_2022-01-28_19-07-38.png screenshot_2022-01-28_19-07-58.png screenshot_2022-01-28_19-08-10.png

The original creator of the used files is @PostmortemSlayer .
    I only adjusted it for the Defender.
    If you want to add it @JorgePinto , you just have to replace the "lrdefender20_headlight.jbeam" file with the attached one.
    The other two attached files have to be somewhere in Defender Folder, under /art for example. Then it should work. :)
    Unbenannt.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  6. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! Will update the mod later today :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea which may take some time to complete, but it organizes the mod's parts selector a bit. Try to put all RHD parts default when you choose a RHD unibody which has no LHD parts, put corresponding hardtop parts in all hardtop unibody, if you know what I mean. I'am here to request to do this because I want to learn something from this, and I have an idea of how to do this

8. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Update is out! :)

Nothing really to report besides the headlights improvement, but it was good enough by itself to make an update.

The number of slots and parts is starting to become a bit of a mess indeed...not even I have a clear idea of how to organize things, but at one point something might need to be done for sure....

• Like Like x 2
  9. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

No worries i can take some time organizing them, it will be fun for sure:p

• Like Like x 2
  10. class800

class800
    Expand Collapse

Do you plan on fixing the needles on the display not working? If you are not going to or don't know how to fix them, could I suggest editing the background texture to remove the dials entirely and just have the digital number part that DO work, making them a little bigger to fill in the space? This would obviously make it unrealistic to the real dashboard, but would make it look more finished. Obviously if you plan to fix the needles in the future, ignore this idea!

11. JorgePinto

JorgePinto
    Expand Collapse

Well, the idea is to obviously fix them, it's a matter of making the needles move and make the numbers in the speedo centered at all times, but so far no one has offered help, and I don't know who I could speak to who might want to give a hand :(

Once they are working (eventually I hope...) next step is to make the imperial version for RHD and USDM versions, but until that happens, I'm not doing extra work on them, they have been 'broken' since the beginning and my main goal right now is to have them fixed for once and for all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. peter2345

peter2345
    Expand Collapse

I have tried everything and the wheels are still showing no material texture

13. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Since the last time I posted here, there has been tons of significant changes made to the Defender. I might as well provide another two cents on the following:

Probably the reason why nobody reached out to you is because very few people know how digital gauges in BeamNG work. As far as I know, it involves JavaScript, SVG, CSS, and HTML for everything to function correctly. If I knew any of these, then surely I would've helped out on the gauges. But unfortunately, I am one of many people that struggle with this concept like you :/

However, there might be someone who may be able to help you. Looking at other threads on the forums, I stumbled across this post. According to Iamthelaw105, he is currently working on an update for his Audi RS6 Avant mod, and one of the changes he revealed was functional digital gauges thanks to someone named Marcel. The problem is, there are other users on the forums with the name Marcel, so it's difficult to find the specific user he mentioned. Thus, your best bet for the time being is reaching out to Iamthelaw105 regarding digital gauges; he might be able to point you in the right direction by providing some contact information to Marcel.

If not, then you'll have to ask the staff members about digital gauges via the Troubleshooting section on the forums. Surely one of them knows the logic behind it, hence why the Vivace includes such gauges. There may be other experienced modders who also know, but so far I only know about Marcel and his contribution to Iamthelaw105's Audi mod.

Also worth mentioning is that the console spams a bunch of errors about a missing texture with the latest update. You might want to fix that.

Nonetheless, I remain optimistic as to seeing more future content updates to the Defender :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

This is why we are here, remember? Screenshot2022-01-29115944.png Anyways I finished putting all RHD parts only into RHD unibodies, along with other meaningless small unnoticed details that doesn't do anything but to satisfy my perfectionist self. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Clivey

Clivey
    Expand Collapse

Really appreciate the work you're putting in! As I've said before, this is easily my favourite vehicle mod for BeamNG. It's performing brilliantly off-road as well; I was able to drive a D300 on air suspension, electric diffs and the off-road tyres to the top of the Cliff and Leap of Death maps on my first attempt, without incurring any damage. :cool:

I was actually wondering if there was any way you could add the rock sliders from the D-Series? It's a shame to damage such a nice vehicle when rock crawling, haha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

That’s something for JorgePinto to consider, I will not be adding any visual changes to the mod for now. :)

17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

BeamNGdrive-0241113408-RELEASE-x641_30_20224_56_41PM.png
    The welded center differential in the LR full time 4WD can cause driveline windup during sharp turns on tarmac.

Here's the fix file

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure it's normal for welded diffs to cause driveline windup, but perhaps I'm missing something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

A street-legal Defender has a welded diff in most if its configs, is it normal?

20. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

It shouldn't have a "welded" diff stock, it should have lockers though. Do the stock configs come with permanantly locked/"welded" diffs? I may be mistaken then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice