Released 2006 Mitsubishi EVO 9 [Updated 5/25]

Discussion in 'Land' started by wrinkle345, Dec 13, 2016.

1. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

So, here's the underwhelming release of a mod I've been teasing for months.
    This op will be blank until I can think of something interesting to put here.

This the remaster of the long-loved EVO IX rally car mod from HERE.

screenshot_00049.png screenshot_00050.png screenshot_00051.png screenshot_00052.png screenshot_00016.png screenshot_00020.png

Whats been added/changed from the original:

• Engine Thermals
    • Brake Thermals
    • Light Props
    • PressureWheels (used to use hubwheels)

Basically It's been updated to "Mildly up-to-date" status. I still need to add a working propshaft for 7.0 and I'm currently having nightmares of the drivetrain update. Powertrain update was not as scary as previously thought.

What's been added and fixed as of 5/25/2017:

• Reduced beamStrength values across all breakable parts. Parts can now fall off easier
    • Rear Spoiler can now become detached on Rally/RallyX/Tarmac configs
    • Fixed Rally Lights falling off too easily

What's been added and fixed as of 5/17/2017:

• Updated Fuel Tank to use the new fuel leaking/configuring system from 0.9.5
    • Updated Tyres to use the new groundmodel sim from 0.9
    • Reworked the RPM indicators to hopefully have better spacing
    • Removed some old entries that may have been causing conflicts

What's been added and fixed as of 1/21/2017:

• Fully integrated the new "powertrain system", which fixed many annoying bugs.
    • Added a current gear display, shifting indicators, and a gps where they were supposed to be
    • Added new sounds for the engine, and some lovely gearwhine for that racing transmission
    • Fixed the engine being overpowered; torque is now converted to Nm/S rather than FT/LB; engine now produces a more realistic ~300hp on the rally config rather than the previous ~600hp
    • Changed some parts from the Rallycross and Hillclimb configs; now should be fast and more drivable respectably.
    • Removed some weird double-meshes that occurred due to the multiple dae files
    • Added some new nodes for the dashboard; should be more stable/less glitchy in crashes
    • Fixed the headlights on the rally/rallyx configs; they should actually point forward now
    • Fixed the inside of the Rally lights being invisible, and giving material errors in crashes
    Whats included:
    • 4 configs: Gravel, Tarmac, Hillclimb, and RallyCross
    • A functioning interior (with gauges)
    • A 2-door hillclimb body with matching wheels
    • Several new skins
    • Some misc parts (many aren't used)
    It wasn't miracle work by far. It was mainly easy to do most of this. Its just also really time consuming to get right.

Whats broken:
    • Many of the interior components will appear above the windows from multiple angles. This is a rendering bug and nobody seems to know a fix.
    • The hillclimb skins are a bit glitchy on the rally lights. (not a big issue)
    Credits:
    • Dkutch and Mythbuster for creating the original evo mod (and for giving me permission to remake it)
    • Codemasters for making DiRT 2 (which is where most of everything here came from)
    • The BeamNG Dev Team for obviously making the game you'll be using this on
    • Miura for creating and allowing me to use their scripts for the transmission sounds
    • EA Games for making what I assume to be most if not all of the engine noises
    • Some unknown user for releasing an engine sound which contained the sounds used many years ago and then disappearing. If anyone knows his name, let me know so I can give him proper credit

Attached Files:

#1 wrinkle345, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 43
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ivan lochcov

ivan lochcov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Catch like!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. WaFFacT

WaFFacT
    Expand Collapse

hoo im gonna try this when the drivetrain to be fixed :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I don't know when or even if it will be fixed. This is a problem way out of my expertise, and actually out of the expertise of many good mod devs.

But it still works, you can still use it. It wont crash your game or anything. It still drives.

5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Mod doesn't spawn for me. Possible mod conflict?

6. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean it doesn't spawn?

7. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Literally that. I can see it in the elector screen but when I attempt to spawn it then it doesn't do that. It spawns "invisible" as others call it. Just like older mods do.

8. Joelvb

Joelvb
    Expand Collapse

Great Mod, but you should really look into modifying the front suspension geometry. The car has drastic understeer resulting from positive camber and a lot of play in the movement of the hub at high loads.

9. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

Odd. Maybe try clearing cache?

I'm working on it. This is still early beta.

10. Joelvb

Joelvb
    Expand Collapse

Great, I only wanted to point it out to you, interested in the new updates. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  11. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Didn't work. I have redownloaded the mod a few times and have cleared cache after that and to no success. I do have 400 mods so I'm thinking that it is an mod conflict?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mf6616man

mf6616man
    Expand Collapse

This is amazing! Been waiting for this for a while now, amazing work on the new configs, my I suggest one thing? When I mod maps for Farming Simulator and I get tired of all the dull techy stuff that I don't really know how to do, I do a bit of aesthetic stuff, changing textures and stuff, so I would recommend having a play with the interior textures to make them a bit more crisp, just a though, and good luck :)

#12 mf6616man, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  13. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

This mod suffers from extreme tyres glitching issues when the transfer case is removed. All you need to do is put it in first and the tyres will burst when let get off the brake. As well as the glitchy speedo on all versions of the mod.

14. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I know about the speedo (its part of the drivetrain problem), but never knew about the transfer case. Interesting...

15. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what is going on with excessive positive camber with the front rally coilovers either but you may need to lower or move th bottom mounting bracket to get rid of it and make the wheel upright.

16. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I can help placing in a place holder drivetrain

• Like Like x 1
  17. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

Thats part of the drivetrain bug.

Now try going into reverse in arcade. Have fun with the nightmares.

18. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You should add a Castrol livery for this.

19. JayPlaysBeamNG

JayPlaysBeamNG
    Expand Collapse

Try removing rear dif?

20. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Definitely has to do with the rear diff. I first tried removing it but that obviously made it fwd. Then i changed diff to Fully adjustable race diff. I increased the torque strength of the rear diff and also gave the rear diff just 1% drive. Now its not as rev-happy as before and still drives on all 4. The rear diff or some part of the drivetrain is probably to weak, out the box. Kinda like the real thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice