2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Blown Head Gasket

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by supra4life, Oct 14, 2021.

1. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

So yesterday i was driving my pos Pontiac Grand Prix Gt and it started smoking from the engine so i stopped and multiple people said it smelled like a blown head gasket. So how hard is it/expensive is it to replace a head gasket on my own?

2. surprisinguser1

surprisinguser1
    Expand Collapse

(all prices/times are dependent on you doing all the work yourself, also dependent on the naturally aspirated, not supercharged, 3.8 V6 being in your car)
    Here are the head gaskets for the car you described:
    Head Gasket 1
    Head Gasket 2
    Yes, there are two. The head gaskets cost a combined $51 USD, so it isn't super expensive parts wise.

Unfortunately, I could not find a guide with a Google Search, you need to find the guide. However, no matter the car, it isn't an easy job, so I would estimate it would need a full weekend to be done properly.

OR, you could use this liquid (i don't know if it actually works), and hope for the best.

Either way, good luck, I hope you are successful on your quest to fix your Pontiac!

3. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Thankyou!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice