2002 Need 4 speed hot pursuit 2 Maps suggestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Zero_code_name_Reaper, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Zero_code_name_Reaper

Zero_code_name_Reaper
    Expand Collapse

So i have noticed that map sizes can be small or large or very large and the thought of having some maps from the 2002 game Need4Speed HP2 would be kind of sweet to see in BeamNG.

I mean we have vehicles (With better crash pysics) and some maps to play on but for anyone who has played NFSHP2 would have a nostalgic feeling if there was some detailed maps from that game
    The list of courses with details http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Hot_Pursuit_2 There are 15 however some of the corses use the same map however the are closed off with concreate barriers
    for example National forest and Alpine trail are on the same map but are separated by barriers.

If anyone is up for this suggestion and decided to go out of there way to do it would be very much appreciated.
    Though removing the barriers would be a plus in my book.
    Seen someone had ported GTA4 to BeamNG if that helps.

2. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

NFS:HP2 is in my top 20 favorite games I've ever played, so yeah, I wouldn't mind having the map in BeamNG. Also, maybe Rockport from NFS:MW (2005), because it's a pretty big map, plus all the secret places you can go, like the American Football arena, and the bus station.

HP2 was fun, I remember there were police helicopters that would literally drop explosive red barrel onto your car. Good times.

#2 KozyKat, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Yes, NFSMW was one of my most favorite NFS games, along with NFSHP from 2010 and NFS:pS.

4. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I should have you check out Hot Pursuit 2. I dusted off my copy last week and had to work with the files a lot to get it going in Windows 10. I had way more fun in HP2 than MW.

As for the project, I too would like to see this happen but, it would be much easier said than done. The 3D models use a file format that is very old now; I don't know if you'd be able to even get started on the project.

5. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I've played the NFSHP2 demo, and NFSMW and its demo was funner for me... Idk though.

6. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

It depends on our perceptions. You've told me before that MW was your first NFS game, HP2 was my first one; we've both probably put way too many hours into each game and less on the other. I've completed HP2 more than 5 times already and still have fun with it; I never enjoyed MW. It seemed too dreary.

7. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

MW did have a dark theme, but yeah I spent so much more time on it.

OT:
    NFS Prostreet and NFSHP 2010 (especially) might be portable to BeamNG since they are somewhat newer games. Plus NFSHP's map is huge, at least a 30 mile square.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice