1. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

I like the progress!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kurama49

kurama49
    Expand Collapse

In regards to the recent poll, I have a 1992 Comanche if you need any reference pictures! (or even of small stuff for the blackfoot)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Are you gonna make the wheels on that Cherokee? Or just borrow other cars wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

He's likely to do both, as he has mentioned before that it will share parts from the Hopper, but he might also make his own wheels as well, as seen with other popular mods (i.e S-Series, Satsuma, Oldsfullsize).

• Like Like x 2
  5. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

@Pacivica is right there. It will use Ibishu wheels, as well as GP Wrestlers and STX Off-Road wheels, and some steel wheels used by the Hopper XT-4. However, in the 80s, the Comanche and Cherokee were offered with 'Pepper-pot' wheels when they were popular. The Covet uses wheel covers with this style, so I'm thinking of maybe making that into a full rim to use. (with a slight dish like the Jeep ones, and 5-lug.)
    upload_2018-4-21_9-27-51.png
    upload_2018-4-21_9-28-15.png
    I might just make an entire new rim, with an array of fewer holes to make it look more like the Jeep wheel.
    I also spied similar basket-weave wheels to this in the rims.dae, which I don't think were Ibishu wheels, they looked like the Bruckell LeGran ones.
    upload_2018-4-21_9-31-19.png
    These would be used on the Special (Limited) and Overland (Pioneer) trims.
    In future, I would love to add my own Jeep's fantastic aluminium-alloy 'Icon' wheels like these, but they will come in the 1997-2001 update later down the line, and will be interchangeable with older wheel hubs of course.

These are also tempting...
    upload_2018-4-21_9-42-32.png

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Any progress to report? :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Anything yet?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cable_jr

Cable_jr
    Expand Collapse

Just a question/suggestion, what is the progress looking like? (if there is any notable progress). and will there be any plan on an "extreme" off-road version, high light, custom fenders panels, cage, weight reduction, bigger wheels, better differentials, softer suspension, etc.? and how about a "backyard" build style, sketch lift kit, bigger (used) wheels, chopped and hacked up panels, if the bolt can be removed it was removed weight reduction, and things that would make it seem like a guy with some knowledge built it in his own garage/backyard. also wondering if you had already made/thought of making a 2-door and 4-door version. looking forward to this, as i have grown up around this vehicle, and plan on learning to model just to produce parts and objects for my own use on this mod. because lets face it, that Roamer is not a fair replacement for this.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

A quick nod to (at least I think) the Forum Admins for cleaning up the naming situation argument. Thanks for that :p
    Basically no progress has been made, unfortunately. I've had exams to take recently, and have been quite busy. However my 'test week' ends on Friday, and I don't believe my half term is too far off either.

As said there will be aftermarket parts, but not straight away. I'm focusing on getting the fully-stock 4-door Blackfoot to a working, driveable state before I make aftermarket parts and off-road configs.
    Yes, a 2-door will arrive at some point. But I'm looking to do the factory 4, then aftermarket bits for the 4, then do the 2 and alter tuning bits from the 4 to fit the 2. Then the basically completely decided (thanks for the massive support on that poll by the way :D) pickup - or 'Chinook' will come, based off the 4-door will come. And then, (a bit of a weird inspiration from Cleetus' 40ft Town Car, ;)) maybe stretched limousine versions - possibly breakable (because after learning how JBeam works, breakable bits aren't actually that hard if you get the beamStrength right)

Come to think of it, I might replicate one of those custom-fab dashes that I've seen occasionally on these, the ones made of usually just a flat sheet of aluminium with some Autometer (style) gauges in place of the old ones. Kind of like this:

Possibly ally' door cards and a general strip of the inside might be something on the list. As well as cages for sure, both inside and outer kinds.

If you promise not to release these parts you might make without my permission, then feel free to make what you would want for it! I'd be interested to see what you could do, and I might take note of some of your ideas if you wouldn't mind :p - to possibly add to the main mod as 'official' tuning bits.

I do agree that the Roamer isn't really a fair comparison to this. The (psst) Grand Blackfoot would be a better comparison, due to its size, weight and engine type/size (I'm talking about the ZJ, which I'm considering to do after this thing is at a stable point - but this won't fall out of support for a loong time coming). The Cherokee/Blackfoot was always more of a compact SUV, especially by modern standards, especially when you consider that the modern-day Jeep Patriot of very similar size(of which my dad has actually recently bought one of to replace his daily driver - not the Orvis) which if you compare to even a modern hatchback or modern sedan, would look quite small!

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Who would choose 'No' in the poll lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Me...
    JK, I changed my vote to no just to be sarcastic...
    realizes jk means just kidding and a Jeep model
    lol:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cable_jr

Cable_jr
    Expand Collapse

Alright, thank you for the reply. I get the whole school thing, nearing end semester for me too, but still happy to see you don't plan on letting this die out slowly. As far as me making and doing parts for the vehicle, it would be based of my preference and stuff I have have seen done to them. You are more than welcome to use any part I make as an 'official' part, I don't mind at all. Looking forward to seeing this in game soon!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Some model progress has been made.
    The boot (trunk) floor and innner wheel arches have been made, as have the surrounds for the taillights and the surround for the tailgate.
    upload_2018-5-20_10-54-18.png

upload_2018-5-20_10-54-28.png
    I've also removed the weird-looking offset roof bulges that were on the sides because they didn't quite look right. It looks a lot cleaner now.
    upload_2018-5-20_10-54-54.png

• Like Like x 16
  14. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Yay, you're back! I love all the progress on this thing and its so damn cool, and I'm glad you're taking your time and doing this properly. I seriously think this is gonna be better than dev quality.
    Also, though this may be a little early, do you think you could add sounds from the AMC straight six, since you said you would be using the engines from the Hopper (I think you said that)? Here's a vid of what it sounds like:

• Like Like x 1
  15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Is a slammed config planned for the Blackfoot?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Hell no.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  18. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Blame the "slammer", not me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

I have a Cherokee if you read the first post through :D. But my dad, who owns it, is a bit reluctant to rev it out so I can't really get sound samples.
    I'll leave them as they are for now but I might change the sounds later, as they are a bit tinny for my liking compared to the real ones. The real engine is a lot less rough-sounding.

Not really since that's missing the point of the car, it's not supposed to be a lowrider, it's supposed to be an off-road SUV. It's a 20-year-old 4x4, not a Civic.
    It's like putting 23"s on a Land Rover Discovery Series I and bagging it. It just doesn't work :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Okay cool, sorry for not reading the earlier posts, though I had been keeping up on this thread since the day it started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice