WLD FS30-2 Diesel-Electric Locomotive
Forums thread: https://www.beamng.com/threads/wld-fs30-2-diesel-electric-locomotive.57253/
The Wentward Locomotive Division Freight Series 30(00 hp)-2 is an American heavy six axle diesel-electric freight locomotive. It was built from 1972 to 1989. It has a 3000 horsepower V16 diesel engine that is connected to a generator that powers the traction motors.
This is my first big mod and it took 7 months to make it. It is not perfect but I'd say that it's still pretty good.
- Scratch made jbeam
- 11 Skins:
- Arizona, Texas & Santa Fe
- Burlington Southern
- Burlington Southern & Santa Fe
- Canada Atlantic
- Chicago South Western
- Eastern Pacific
- Multi-track drift
- Onion Pacific
- Onion Pacific lightning stripe
- 48 configurations
- Diesel-electric transmission
- Dynamic braking
- Realistic engine sounds
- Realistic wheel clanking/clatter and screeching/squeal sounds
- Animated interior
- Engine tuning parts
- Racing parts
How to put the locomotive on train tracks
HOW TO DRIVE IT
- Air brake (the whole train will brake if there are multiple units coupled): arrow down
- Independent brake (only the locomotive will brake): P / spacebar
- Horn: H
- Couplers: L
- Front headlights: N
- Front ditch lights: K
- Rear headlights: B
- Rear ditch lights: I
- Interior lights: Y
- Beacon light: M
- Bell: press M two times
Multiple unit operation
- USE REALISTIC GEARBOX BEHAVIOR!
- Make sure that gear N is selected, not M1 or M2
- Press V and throttle to start the diesel engine (if it isn't already running)
- Release air brakes (arrow down) and independent brakes (P / space bar)
- Move the reverser to the direction where you want to go (use the range box icon thing to change direction, L = forward, H = reverse) and shift into M1
- FLOOR IT!
- Reduce throttle if it is accelerating too fast
- You can slow down the train with air brakes (arrow down, affects the whole train) or with the independent brake (P / space bar, affects only the locomotive)
- Or you can use dynamic brakes if your locomotive has them
- Don't press throttle
- Shift into M2
- Apply throttle (more throttle = more braking)
- You can stop the train with air brakes or shift into M1 and keep driving
- REMINDER The dynamic brake isn't effective under 20 km/h
Multiple unit operation is completely possible but a bit hard to understand because of the way couplers work in BeamNG. Basically there are two types of couplers: coupler A and coupler B. Coupler A can't couple with another coupler A, coupler B can't couple with another coupler B, but coupler A can coupler with coupler B. You must have the couplers just like this or it won't work correctly.
You also have to couple them in this order. It doesn't matter how much locomotives you have, but you must first couple the second last unit to the last unit, then the 3rd last to the 2nd last and so on.
Air brakes and throttle can now be controlled only from the 1st unit. Remember to check that every locomotive wants to go to the same direction or you might have a locomotive tug of war.
Please read this first if the locomotive doesn't move before giving 1 star reviews
- 99.9% of the time it's just the wheels stuck inside the rails. Lift the locomotive in world editor (F11) and try again
- 0.01% of the time it's because one of the trucks or both aren't on tracks correctly
Maps with train tracks
Train Racing Mountain: https://www.beamng.com/threads/train-racing-mountain-download-available.61475/#post-1005443
Las Colinilas de Vapor: https://www.beamng.com/threads/las-colinilas-de-vapor.53475/
Tennessee USA Roane County::https://www.beamng.com/resources/te...y-beta-real-terrain-8gb-system-ram-reqd.1586/
Sultan Peak: https://www.beamng.com/threads/sultan-peak.27480/
Polish Roads: https://www.beamng.com/resources/polish-roads.5846/
@Arcanox: Hybrid LUA (to make a diesel-electric transmission)
@fufsgfen: Help with the diesel-electric transmission
Thanks to everyone who suggested names!