Version 1.3 is here! Did you play this mod before? If yes, I recommend cleaning your save file to prevent errors, by using the reset buttons in the Race Info Tool (top left at scenario intro)!
Welcome to the Utah Race Week event! Be ready for seven days of organized and impromptu races, and earn money for your skills (of course, you can play this for longer than a real week... just play along with my narrative). Herein are 10 courses, 16 achievements, and hundreds of dollars of cash to go for. Every race has AI ranging from amateur to competent in skill level. Some of the races may be difficult to win, so good luck!
After installing this mod, you can find the races by going to Scenarios, in the main menu.
Progress and stats are automatically saved! You can see them at the end of any race. Alternatively, you can press the horn (H) before the start of any race to view some detailed info.
Thanks to @arnok19 and @GotNoLimbs! for designing some of the course layouts. See the "author" field in the scenario selector.
Notes (the important ones):
- Winner (Levels 1 - 4)
- Race Veteran
- Race Champion
- Earner (Levels 1 - 4)
- Fiery Total Time
- Snappy Race
- Speed Demon
- Shocking Moment
- Sole Survivor
- Roll Recovery
Notes (lesser ones):
- If you're almost at the finish but not in 1st place, don't give up! You can still earn money and achievements just by finishing a race.
- I didn't add car awareness to the AI, so they may be ram happy! This means that crazy moments and wrecks can happen; just another day in BeamNG.drive!
- Think of money as XP; you can't spend it, sorry! Just keep earning!
- The minimum amount of racers that will spawn for each race is 3, but some races are coded to have more (up to 5). Set your "Traffic amount" (in Options) to at least 5, if you think you can run more! (Users with 6 or more cores in their CPU can disregard this.)
- No ScriptAI was used! That would've taken a long time to do for some of the races. I did a few tricks to improve the racers' AI, but it's not ideal. Better than nothing, though!
- Are the waypoint textures missing? Try clearing your cache!
Utah Race Week 1.3.1
Race around Utah, featuring AI, 10 courses, 16 achievements, and a save system!