REQUIREMENTS/HOW TO USE/PLEASE READ
This mod REQUIRES 440cids "sound selector" mod to function, please bare this in mind when downloading. I have kindly linked to the current version here:
1) Install the above linked mod first by dropping it inside your "repo" folder as if manually installing a mod
2) Download my mod here as normal
3) Select a relevant vehicle (see below)
4) Go to "additional modification" slot in parts menu for vehicle (default, CTLR+W)
5) Select "440cid soundmod selector" addon
6) Click again on "additional modification"
7) On this "sound" tab, click the drop down and select my mod and wait
8) Profit! The sound is now selected, enjoy and use whatever engine specification you want with my sound
I repeat, this mod REQUIRES the use of this tool, for continuity sake, I will not "bundle" it with any of these "addons" I create, to allow people to pick and choose as they please, and, for if 440cid chooses to update it again in the future. This also leads into the below disclaimer.
As always, please do not rate the mod as a means to report bugs or issues or "this doesn't work" without installing 440cids "sound selector" mod. Please post issues, concerns or "its not working!!" comments in discussion or via PM so I can help you. Such reviews will be reported or deleted if they are bug related. You are reviewing the quality of the sound mod, not the "preference" of vehicle you'd like to see the sound applied to, again, use the discussion tab for suggestions. Thanks .
This time, we have a lovely and rich sounding Diesel NT855 engine alternative for the Semi (currently, just the semi). It's once again using an exhaust note, however, this may need modification as the offload overlaps a little.
It has plenty of character especially in IDLE and HIGH rpm ranges, and if you play with the ctlr+f9 debug menu, you can change the character of the sound some more. I've tried to provide "balanced" settings in terms of character, clarity, volume and "size" of the sound.
It has a great high RPM transmission whine note around 1900-2100rpm which sounds great on load, paired with the big turbos on the Semi, you can mix and match these to create variations of my sound with the turbos as you so please!
The sound still feels like it needs something extra, perhaps when we are able to add our own secondary set of filters and effects to engines, i can make things like intake sounds, off load engine whine and more detail on and off throttle.
*As always. If anyone feels like the want to contribute sounds from there own vehicles, please get in touch with details of what I require and your vehicle engine sound could well make it in game. See development thread for project vehicles i'm on the hunt for*
1.0 - Initial Release
- Inside/Outside/Distance and how to activate mod
- @440cid for his excellent "sound selector" tool making this type of mod possible
- The truck, an ERF from which these sounds were recorded and provided
- Myself for endless fiddling
Feedback and Support
If you like what I do and feel like supporting me to create future and higher quality resources, please consider donating me a coffee or a beer via PayPal .
(Emporeous Sounds is me)