Based off the 2018-2020 FIA Formula 2 car, the Genesis F2 was built for the sole purpose of being the most realistic formula car to date. This includes both handling and damage.
- Stressed member engine architecture and realistic damage
Like in real life and contrary to other formula car mods, the Genesis F2 is built around the engine being a stressed component of the car. This means it is directly attached to the back of the survival cell (monocoque) and it acts as a mount for all the stuff at the back of the car.
This also means that the transmission is used to mount the rear suspension, rear wing, diffuser, and some body panels. That makes the rear half of the car detachable and it can rip itself off in hard crashes, splitting the car in 2.
Every single panel is jbeamed and can be detached/removed, this makes the crashes more impressive and more realistic.
- Detailed suspension :
Both the front and rear suspension are fully modeled and act as expected. The rear suspension is mounted to the transmission like in real life.
- Realistic, in-depth model
Featuring real-life-inspired elements and cool details
- 40+ individual panels, 100+ breaking points
- Pit limiter
- Realistic handling
- 15 skins
- 13" (2018) and 18" (2020) wheels, black and gray
Credits@LucasBE - Model, Jbeam, skins, some textures
@LJ74 - Carbon texture
@TrackpadUser , @Dummiesman , @thomatoes50 - Help with Lua
@Formula24 - Awesome skins, references
@bigdaddy PlaytestDS - Doms skin
@FalloutNode - Ekisde branding
The entire beta-testing team - beta testing I guess
Known issues- Fuel tank/rear half breaks when changing a part / pressing CTRL+R
- Wheels wobble when braking extremely hard (Working on it)
- Tuning/setup stuff is messed up
- Front wing deformation is not great (Fixed in the next version)
- It's a bit heavy (Fixed in the next version)
- Suspension is too soft (Fixed in the next version)
Please report any issue you might find on the dedicated forum thread and not in the reviews. That way I can reply to you and get more info to fix it properly.