--- OUTDATED ---
The latest BeamNg update changed many things, the van's frame and how the engine works. Most of the parts of this mod is outdated, using it will freeze the program.
I'll try to fix it when I've some time.
Extended, windowed Van, Classic, Sport, Heavy Duty, Mobile Billboard parts.
Made by AR162b & SergentFido for BeamNG.Drive
Version 0.5.0 27-01-2017
This mod is an add-on, not a separate vehicle. It (should) (sort of) overwrite the original info.json and the keybinding files, all other files are separate. It shows up under the original van in the vehicle selector.
Summary 0.3.0: Added the classic parts, haybale loads, updated jbeams, added lua for seperate lights and loading ramp keys.
Summary 0.4.0: Updated to BeamNG v0.6.1, added lots of new textures and skins, improved parts
Summary 0.5.0: Updated files, added classic lightbars and a Type 2 ambulance
Many original jbeams and meshes are adjusted for this add-on
This mod uses parts from BeamNG's orginal van:
- Engine, used for the 'engine with snorkel' (adjusted mesh and jbeam)
- Heavy duty 8-bolt single rear wheels
- Obviously the bodies are based on the original one, but with the 3rd brakelight, engine compartment removed, added a hole for the side doors and depending on the version added window openings and stretched the body.
This mod uses parts from BeamNG's orginal Gavril Barstow
- 423 CIU Engine, including blower
- manual transmission shifter
- Engine bay stuff
- Classic ('old style') interior: dash, steering wheel, seats, doorpanels, shifters etc
- Improved and added classic ('old style') exterior parts, having their own textures: front window, hood, scooped hood, fenders, grill, taillights, 3rd brakelight deletion, side mirrors, chrome window edges, bumpers
- Engine snorkel
- Side step tubes
- Small flatbed, off-road style
- Gooseneck and fifth wheel upfit
- Extended Panel Van
- Extended Window Van
- Enlarged Roofrack for the extended van
- Sparewheelframe at the back
- Cab air deflector
- Roofrack box, tube and ladder
- Interior cargo options; Steel box mesh is beamNG's, jbeam custom by AR162b. Boxes are 400kg (880lb) each. (new v0.2.3)
- Passenger benches
- Mobile billboard upfit,
- Side doors for the van, windowed and panel
- Spoilerlip with fog functional lights (updated v0.3.0; use the 'G' key to enable)
- Wide sport fenderflares, jbeamed (improved v0.3.0)
- Added rear door ladder
- Haybales load for the flatbed (4 and 8)
- Tow hitch and heavy duty tow hitch for the flatbed and cargobox
- Classic lightbars; originally made for my Moonhawk mod, ported to @SergentFido 's Olds mod where he made many improvements, and now again ported and improved to this mod
- Type 2 ambulance; based on the stretched van and added a custom roof. All other ambulance parts are taken and from the offical H45 ambulance.
- Wigwag lights, both for the classic fascia and the modern one.
- SergentFido Garage skin
- AR162B racing skin
- Rusted skin
- Surfin' skin
- Gavril motors
- Delivery skin added for the extended van
- Slightly modified Ambulance skin
- Slightly modified Police skin ("Prisoner Transport")
-The short sidedoor van uses the regular van materials (inlcuding the sidedoors), should be skinned like the regular one.
-The extended vans use the 'vanL' material, a skin map is included. Note that the sidedoors are still the regular van material.
- The classic parts (classic windscreen surrounding) have the "oldvan_addparts_sergentfido" material, but are mapped on the regular van skin map
- The type 2 ambulance roof uses the "van_ambu_roof_AR162B" material and uses its own skin map, this one is also included in the mod.
Files which 'overwrite' BeamNG files
- info.json (added additional colors, changed the year)
All other files are copied and made separate from the original files so they can exist side by side
- Most new parts are BeamNG's original D15, H15, H45 and Moonhawk parts or (greatly) based on original BeamNG parts, so BeamNG
"SergentFido for the beautiful new Van interior design, interior & exterior textures and skins, mesh improvements, ideas, feedback, testing support etc etc.
- Myself (AR162b) for all other parts
- Aboroath, Peterbilt, Synsol and MrAngry for testing and feedback
- oshawott for the interior idea
- Synsol for the fifth wheel idea
- JorgePinto for te classic door handle idea
- Dummiesman for his showroom used for the picture on the mobile billboard and the preset pictures
- www.myfreetextures.com for the rust textures, used as base
Long term ideas:
- Passenger van interior
v 0.1.0 17th October 2014
v 0.2.0 15th January 2015
Added boxed, flatbed and small twin axle trailers
Added back-of-cab, flatbedrails, air deflector
Fixed pushbar, slotted mags, air intake
v 0.2.1 4th February 2015
Changed the 'van_cargobox' material to 'cargobox', removed from mod's material.cs
Updated all the wheels to the 0.3.7.5 specs
Updated all the brakes to the 0.3.7.5 specs
Updated the van's front and rear suspension to the 0.3.7.5 specs
Updated the cab, body and cargobox jbeam to the 0.3.7.5 specs
Removed the 'back of cab' (yes I did fix the backlight glass...)
Stiffened up the suspension of the cargobox, antirollbar added (still difficult to drive)
Raised the front suspension of the full flatbed trailer a bit
Added a node to the snorkel engine air intake in the engine bay to prevet clipping
Coltri's added to the drawbars of the boxed and flatbed trailer
Selfcollission disabled for the boxed trailer's wheels
v 0.2.2 June 2015
non public, test release. see v0.2.3 for content
v 0.2.3 25th June 2015
Removed most off-road parts
Updated wheels and tires
Updated body jbeams (windhield node group...)
Added spoilerlip with foglights, sport sideskirts
Added mobile billboard upfit
Added roofrack parts
Added interior cargo options and passenger benches
Updated engine snorkel mesh (engine bay)
Added extended van, panel and windowed
Added van side doors
v 0.3.0 29th October 2015
Removed Boxed trailer preset, parts still available
Added classic parts
Added manual transmissions
Added Diesel engine with adjusted automatic transmission
Added haybale load
Improved the small trailer
Improved the full trailer
v 0.4.0 11th August 2016
Added lots of new textures, skins thanks to SergentFido
Added lots of small new parts
Removed the trailers
Changed the billboard to work with the skin system
Added second layer for skin support
v 0.5.0 27th January 2017
Updated lots of files
Added Type 2 ambulance
Added Classic lightbars
Added wigwag lights (modern and classic version)
DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE (parts of) THIS MOD WITHOUT PERMISSION OF ME, AR162b!
So don't upload it anywhere without permission!
Like my mods? Please support me by donating via Paypal
Use the files at own risk.
Outdated Gavril H-series Addon by AR162B & SergentFido 0.5.0
Classic parts, extended (windowed) vans, side doors, lots of extra parts