Welcome to Frozen Lake!
VERSION 5 Changelog
- Added new, highly detailed "suburban" area to map. Covers a couple square KM. Adds about 5 miles of roads within its interior.
- Added about 15 miles of roads total to the map. Additions include highway areas and a new offroad section.
- Multiple spawn points added.
- Polish of new areas including road signs, sounds, etc.
- Added light towers and some ancillary details to the airport area.
- Few extra sounds here and there.
- Removed separate 'Night' and 'Whiteout' map configs. Reasoning, from top down is: (1) both were quite outdated and I didn't want to maintain them, (2) people can easily make a map be night by using the Environment UI editor, (3) the whiteout map was just excess fog; it didn't change road conditions or really have an effect on the feel of the map in my opinion. Any user can easily add the extra fog if they want.
- Made the ambient temperatures a tad colder.
Best review ever(by RobertGracie. Sub Him!):
- Fixed several overlapping decal roads. There's a few that I didn't bother fixing but most are cleaned up well.
- There's probably sections of the map that have weird or funky terrain or have floating objects. I haven't found these in my initial runs through the map, but please tell me if you find anything.
Why did I make this? This idea came to me while driving home one night as I drove past a lake on my way home that, for some reason, stuck out more than usual. I'd say about 20 hours of work is in this map
The terrain is scratch built from L3DT. I made the snow texture and a couple of other signs as well as terrain editing and compiling everything. Everything else was provided by the BeamNG team or sketchup warehouse.
- Over 40 miles of roads including highway, suburban, and offroad trails.
- A large frozen lake in the center (doesn't harm FPS, I promise)
- Some random props, emitters, and sounds. This includes road signs!
- AI Support (kinda buggy)
- Snow precipitation
- Environmental sounds
- Several Easter eggs!
- Offroad West
- Offroad East
- West Suburbs
- East Suburbs
- Logging Yard
- HighwayIf you like my work, consider buying me lunch!
Beta Frozen Lake Version 5 5.02
Ice Ice, Baby