The Glaser-Dirks DG-100 of 1974 is the first sailplane manufactured by Glaser-Dirks, developed from the Akaflieg Darmstadt D-38, the Standard class sailplane was designed by Wilhelm Dirks.
- Crew: One pilot
- Capacity: 100 kg (220 lb) water ballast
- Length: 7.00 m (22 ft 11¾ in)
- Wingspan: 15.00 m (49 ft 2½ in)
- Height: 1.4 m (4 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 11.0 m2 (118.4 ft2)
- Aspect ratio: 20.5:1
- Empty weight: 230 kg (507 lb)
- Gross weight: 418 kg (921 lb)
- Maximum speed: 260 km/h (161 mph)
- Maximum glide ratio: 39:1
- Rate of sink: 0.59 m/s (116 ft/min)
How to start this airplane:
because this doesn't have an engine you have to spawn it in the air,
by pressing F8 then pgUp for a while and then F7
About the thermal lift feature:
What is a glider without thermal lift? Kind of boring. So this is why this mod has some sort of wind simulation for thermal lift.
How to use it ?
This feature is active by default . If you want to change the difficulty of the Simulation you can change the values in the tuning section of the vehicle
If you are in the cockpit view. There are two instruments which indicate the direction and the altitude of the thermal. right direction, left alitude.
If you don't want this information, you can disable them in the vehicle's parts menu.
At least hints:
Best manueverability if the airspeed is in the green marked range.
Fly slower if you are in a thermal, this will give you more vertical Speed.
Be carefull if airspeed is in the yellow marked range.