Ever wanted a smooth and realistic modern V8 in the ETKs ? Here it is ! The objective of this mod is to feel and look as realistic as possible, with accurate torque curve, specs and models.
- V8 model using the Gavril's V8 engine model with ETK headers and intake + unused official double exhaust model
- Stock intake, and 2 turbochargers producing 342 , 500 and 650 horsepower, the stock engine's specs are based on the 4.2L FSI V8 engine who has been used in many Audi cars.
- One High Rpm long block that can rev up to 8250 rpm and produce 450hp, however it wasn't designed to receive a forced induction
-One Drag block designed to handle the power of the stage 3 turbocharger that produce 1180HP
- 4 factory configs for each car (800 and K series so 8) with every config having a manual and automatic variant so 16 in total.
- One drag config for the ETK 800 and one Hillclimb config for the ETK K (which increases the amount of configs in the mod to 18)
- Nice engine sound made with an heavily tweaked combination of Bolide's engine sound and Pickup's exhaust sound
Pre 0.23 update video :
A nice video made by @Luis Ferrari :
- Me, porting/changing the engine model, creating the engine and all his part's jbeam, creating all the configs and making all the adjustements to make it realistic
- @Luis Ferrari Testing and feedback
- BeamNG dev team, creating all the assets I needed for the mod (gavril V8 block, ETK I4 headers, ETK I6/I4 turbo intake, engine sounds, ...)
Known Issues :
- The exhaust's jbeam is pretty bad, I won't improve it as I don't have the knowledge in jbeam to make it properly.
- The pulleys on the ETK K's V8 are slightly offset. A few other parts doesn't match perfectly the wanted position but that's not very noticeable
Don't put bad reviews if the mod doesn't work at all, it's most probably a problem coming from your side. Feel free to send me a message to explain your issue.
Have fun !
Beta 4.4L V8 engine for ETK 800/K series 3.1
Adds a new V8 engine based on the 4.2L FSI V8 engine for the ETK 800/K series