We wanted to kick off the new year by giving everyone an opportunity to share your ideas for the most interesting and picturesque mission routes and win some prizes in the process.
Any map can be used for this contest, but as for the vehicle we expect you to go at it using the Gavril T-Series. You can use a custom config if you find it necessary. For the cargo, you need to use the Flatbed Trailer with any load of your choosing.
We will collect your ideas through the forums in a dedicated thread. You can provide screenshots of the checkpoints or a video of the complete route, along with a description or a short story to explain your idea. Roleplay is allowed within these submissions.
You don’t have to set up the actual mission yourself, although we welcome you to check out the existing documentation if you’re curious.
You have until 31st of January to present your entries.
Once we collect all submission, the team will review them and select 3 winners:
- 1st place will receive 3x BeamNG.drive game keys
- 2nd place will receive 2x BeamNG.drive game keys
- 3rd place will receive 1x BeamNG.drive game key
- Entry must be original
- Entry must be creative and/or challenging
- Entry description must be complete and appropriate
- If you customized the config of the vehicle or cargo, you need to attach it to the entry
- No mods are allowed in this contest
To prepare your vehicle and load for the ride we suggest the following tips:
- Spawn the vehicle and trailer first
- Then spawn the items you want to include as part of your load
- Enter the World Editor (F11) and pause game physics (J)
- Assemble your load, then unpause physics to see if everything stays in place securely
- You can reset item positions through Shift+R if the physics says no to your ensemble
- If you are using a vehicle as your load, make sure to switch to it first and engage the handbrake by pressing P
- If the load doesn’t immediately fall apart, we still recommend a short test-drive to ensure that it’s not impossible to complete your route
- To take screenshots, you can disable
Show ingame missions markersunder Options → User Interface
- You can find info about the Photomode in this article and about the Path camera here
We look forward to seeing your submissions and wish everyone the best of luck!