Tuning a DCT, how to get faster shifting?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Spaceballs the Username, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

In my High Power Car Pack, the Sunburst bangs through the gear so quickly (mostly 1-4) that in D mode, it will hang at the rev limiter for a little bit before shifting again. Airspeedometer indicates the vehicle is still accelerating but it's a bit awkward when the transmission hangs like that. I tried messing with the engine inertia and didn't get my desired outcome. I don't see anything in the transmission jbeam that would allow me to configure the speed of DCT shifts. Can anyone help?

2. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Try to make gears a bit longer.

3. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

That's not a solution I was looking for or I'd have simply done that. For reference, it uses the same final drive and gear ratios as a koenigsegg one:1 with a similar power output

4. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

I mean .. Beam always had a slight issue with ultra high powered vehicles.. Other than fiddling around with the gear lenght I dont know anything. Maybe Push up friction value

5. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Most of the in-game vehicles use default settings for the VehicleController, so not all are included in the transmission jbeams - but you can add them, and adjust them, for better performing race transmissions.

I am still 'learning' optimal settings for some high power cars I am building also - so I can only suggest playing with values to see if anything gives you the results you are looking for.

Good luck! I enjoy using your mod :D

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00351.png
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Try to set it so that shifts easier while there is wheel spin, that is something that could cause this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice