Recovery Winch

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Cado, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cado

Cado
    Expand Collapse

So, I am on the off road side of the scale, and there is no other game out there that gives you this much customisation and challenge, but I feel that one key thing the game is missing, is a winch. I have a winch on my truck in real life and, i feel that it is essential to the recovery of a stuck vehicle. So, a suggestion to the game would be a winch. An optional part in the parts menu(the off road bumper looks like it already has a spot for a winch), that can be put on or taken off. Use the same thing as the newly added trailer couples, and put couple points on various trees around the map, so that the winch cable has something to hook on to(as well as other vehicles). A good example for a winch is the game Spintires. Another good off roading game, but it focuses more on mud and less on terrain. I'm sure this has already been brought up, and may already be in the making, but i just wanted to share my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. paulsen_22

paulsen_22
    Expand Collapse

Agree :p we need more machinery in Beamng :)

like RigsofRods there was hydraulics and winches, would be perfect if that was added to Beam :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Like in Spintires?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clivey

Clivey
    Expand Collapse

I signed-up just to see if anyone had made this as a mod yet. That would be perfect...along with a ground anchor option for where there aren't any trees.

• Like Like x 1
  5. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

could be based on this winch
    screenshot_00103.png
    but you can only attach it to a node(?) which trees don't have

6. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Maybe once the Hopper is released i will see if my winch from Rigs of Rods will work in BeamNG, it worked as a ground anchor and could winch off of trees and rocks, didn't even need to hook to a node. Hopefully since BeamNG is more stable it will work better than in RoR.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Clivey

Clivey
    Expand Collapse

That would be excellent. - I enjoy seeing how far off-road I can get and what I can conquer with a basic 4x4 (e.g. Roamer with small wheels, basic street tyres and open diffs front and rear). - As you can imagine with that setup, a winch would be handy!

8. AllTerrainOutlaw

AllTerrainOutlaw
    Expand Collapse

there was an off- roader that had that but sadly the winch was slow and the hook was really weak.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice