Unsolved Onramp merging to freeway

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by gigawert, Jan 18, 2017.

1. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

How can I accomplish something like this in the map editor where two different roads merge into one?
    merge.png

Or is it possible? This is the best I could do:
    upload_2017-1-17_17-30-12.png

#1 gigawert, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Hey, I think the best way of doing that is by layering three different decalroads together. You first have the main one (can be whichever, I'd use the actual freeway) and then have your onramp under it (make sure the render priority is set up so you have one with a value of say, 20 and another with a value of 25 or something (I like to leave some room between the two so I can do more layering later if I need to)). That will give you this look:

screenshot_00079.jpg

Next you add the third road where they meet and make sure it's over the first two, so continuing the example, set it to a value of 15. Then you can tweak it however you want to have it blend in. I use a very narrow texture that fades out on either side. This will remove the edge lines, any edge details of the road and make the road look more like it should belong where it is. It ought to look something like this:

screenshot_00081.jpg

If you need more help just take a look at the highway on Utah and check out the various decalroads:

screenshot_00078.jpg

I hope this helps, good luck!

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I assume the line hiding strip is cut from the same matching road decal and made a new material/new decal? I first noticed this method
    in ECUSA.

4. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, that makes it a lot more clear. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice