1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Lets take a look at the negative reviews for BeamNG.drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rainvest, Jan 18, 2017.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is bit funny feeling when I read comments about graphics, for me graphics blew my mind, they are that good even at lowest settings, but I guess it has a lot to do what one is used to.

I'm not excepting games to be photo-realistic and when I'm driving, my poor eyes or brain has not time to admire scenery, I have always wondered what is purpose of anti-aliasing, as long as that has been around, I have had feature implemented to my eyes, usually to such level that I start to suspect it being more of blur :)

Of course graphics matter a lot when making screenshots and such, but isn't that secondary?

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

When you have, like many people and me, played on low graphic to video games it doesn't shock, but for other, or when you compare it to other games, it's obvious that it's not the more beautiful game in the world, but it's more than OK for me.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

If you mean reverting to the old engine then no, that's not gonna happen. Been discussed and too much effort would be put to waste then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WeatherKidNH

WeatherKidNH
    Expand Collapse

Review: "If you want Car Crasher simulator 20XX this is probably for you. If you want realistically functioning heavy machinery, and semi trucks that don't wobble a ton when even trying to take off, probably not."
    problem: Doesn't know physics well
    R: Half the time I clicked on something, it wouldn't register. The driving is complete crap as well, completely unrealistic. My car shouldn't be drifting all over the place when I attempt a turn at 15 mph.
    P: Keyboard
    R:This is one of my favorite games (i have 60+ hours on it), but the newest update basically ruined the game. Before the update, it played almost perfect, but after it updated crazy things started happening like lag, alot of crashing, the screen zooming in and out, cars spawning in mid air, and the cars won't even DRIVE, hell some aren't even RUNNING! Also some of the new features are horrible and not necsessary. Please fix!
    P: Mods, possibly Russian
    R:Garage mode is overly complicated and bad now. dont fix it if its not broken. will change this review if its fixed.
    P: When was it not complicated, and dont base a game of of 1/16th of it

5. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

People have no idea how much vehicles flex and bend. It's seen as a bad thing but I believe the cars frame is part of its suspension. If the road isn't good enough for an f1 car to reach top speed, you need some chassis flex to help absorb it. When a motorcycle is leaned over, the shocks and springs are pretty much useless. Go watch motogp in slow motion and those 5 million dollar bikes look like they are made of jello. Anyone who criticizes a car for chassis rigidity is most likely not qualified to do so. Flex with the road. Be the car.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

So if I go over a bump in a motorcycle, it'll fall apart?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

No. If your leaned over In a turn, the shocks are no longer perpendicular to the ground and almost completely stop doing their job. By letting the frame flex, the body becomes the suspension. In a car on an imperfect road, this extra articulation helps keep the tires in best contact possible. Jdm cars occasionally catch shade for being too flexible. Couldn't disagree more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. DarthCain

DarthCain
    Expand Collapse

But I do know. I've driven large trucks most of my life. I'm also an engineering major in college so I also have quite a knowledge for how physics in the real world work. A truck shouldn't be on the verge of popping a wheelie every time I accelerate from a dead stop, with no load on the vehicle

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

This is a reasonable comment. Are you on a wheel and pedal? I drove a Ford box truck, about as big as you can drive in NYC without a cdl. First off, unloaded it got off the line with a vengeance. I wasn't expecting it either but I'd love to see you make a video of the almost wheelie so we can pick apart what's going on. Suspension and tires are the last things that really need work in beam.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

"My computer is 64 bit and this came in 84 bit and didn't tell anything to us to change the game."

Whoa, wait a minute. 84 bit?! I knew this game was advanced but I didn't expect that....

11. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

If you do, it might be a good idea to look into releasing it as a demo on steam as well. That could be a great way to sway a lot of on the fence people, as they may not know about the tech demo or not want to download it outside of steam.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

IMHO, the tech demo should include: All improvements to the collision system, 3 vehicles being D-series, Covet, and GM with all of their parts, 2 maps being modern gridmap and dry rock island with campaign, and no ability to download mods for it.

13. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I think there should be a more modern car, like the sunburst, ETK 800, or SBR4 to show off all the technical aspect of ESC, ABS, TSC and the likes.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

So swutch GM with etk 800 would B good

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

I have been looking through reviews and a lot of them are people complaining about either...

A) Cars control unrealistically.

B) Lags bad on my POS potato that I think is good quality.

C) Not enough content.
    --- Post updated ---
    "GRASS AND DIRT IS NOT ICE, YOU DO NOT SPIN OUT ON DIRT WHEN YOUR TIRES TOUCHES IT, FIX THIS GARBAGE, "

16. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

These people have clearly never dropped a wheel off of the road (or actually driven a car) before.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I honestly find most complaints about graphics in modern games to be invalid and the people who complain about them I consider to be the plague of gaming and are one of the main reasons games are always so short on content these days.
    --- Post updated ---
    I honestly find most complaints about graphics in modern games to be invalid and the people who complain about them I consider to be the plague of gaming and are one of the main reasons games are always so short on content these days.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

To bad controllers are only for consoles...
    If you didn't get it for free, why does it say "Received product for free"?
    Its not how it was back when there were only 2 cars, and I should know with my fabulous 2 hours of play time.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm confused. Just read this:
    This game is like a base right now. Without mods, there's not much content. But would you rather have good graphics and lots of content but GTA 3 physics?
    My PC is $400, and it runs at almost max settings 50 FPS. But of course a custom-built isn't average, so I can't compare to your 8 year old $500 prebuilt.
    Its so boring I have only 600+ hours on it.
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? Or reinstalling it? Or removing some Russian mods? I didn't think so.
    I'm embarrassed to be human.

#38 BombBoy4, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 8
  19. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

That video is not an good counterargument example. It was filmed in wet conditions while beamng maps feature no rain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Unbkenannt.png
    Oh yeah? Why is it terrible then?
    Unbenannt.png
    Fair enough I guess....

PS: Unbenaknnt.png And you thought I was joking, did you?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice