Amphibious Armored Vehicle - BTR-80 / БТР-80 (Update in progress 2019)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Reactor_4aec, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reactor_4aec

Reactor_4aec
    Expand Collapse

Update 2.1 available. Small fix for some features that were meant to be in version 2.0. This should climb a little better now. See first post.

I am aware that it rocks forward and backward slightly when sitting sometimes. I am not sure why this happens but it has always been very minor any time I noticed it. Doesn't realy bother me. I have never noticed an issue with the speedometer though. There does seem to be a problem in this version of BeamNG that causes the speedometer ui to jump values and not move smoothly with all vehicles, especially with low fps. The tach does this too. Maybe that is what you are seeing.
    Also note that I uploaded an update, this one should climb a little better.
    --- Post updated ---
    :D

2. ivan lochcov

ivan lochcov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

MAZ 535 http://www.worldofmods.com/beamng/cars/2392-maz-535.html and can you fix me another MAZ just from the acceleration

Attached Files:

• 2016-10-31_08-38-37.png
  3. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

tanks for updating

4. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Nah i have a decent computer and it's not the fps that does it. Also nice mini update.

5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

What was changed in the 2.1 update? I take it it's the improved differentials and the revised torque curve + gearing?

I'm asking because the Engineer™ in me made all the indentation and spacing in the Jbeam files uniform so I could sleep at night (I know, that's just me, bear with a poor frustrated engineer), and I don't wanna overwrite the archive and do it all again... :(

;)

6. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

DELETED.
    Wrong damn thread.

#146 BowlerHatJack, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  7. quadhelix

quadhelix
    Expand Collapse

The Vehicle works great for me so far. The boyancy is alittle boat like not tank like but I think thats what you had to do to keep it afloat.

8. Reactor_4aec

Reactor_4aec
    Expand Collapse

A helpful tip for anyone offroading with the BTR80:
    -If you are having difficulties climbing steep hills, it may be helpful to switch the transmission to manual mode with "Q" and then keep it in first gear while climbing the hill.
    Sorry that is not my mod to update
    Yeah that is exactly what was changed. And I know that the jbeam formatting is kind of a mess especially since this thing has been edited with stuff from multiple versions of BeamNG over a years time, and was a little messy anyway. But why are you playing in the files in the first place? ;)
    Yeah thats pretty much just how BeamNG's buoyancy worked out on this mod. I'm glad it is working great or you.

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Because that's the very first thing I do when I download a mod that I plan to keep. And when formatting is messy, my obsessive-compulsive me can't sleep at night untill it's sorted... ;)

10. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for bringing it back!

11. Potato car

Potato car
    Expand Collapse

Welp i got the new one Guess what? It doesn't work at all and im very sad :( and mad :mad: at the same time sos help:(:(:( EDIT: maybe its cuz i had the old ones ._.

12. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Well if you have the old zip of course it wont work.

13. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

It's alive!

14. Potato car

Potato car
    Expand Collapse

yep it was the old files
    --- Post updated ---
    you trying to be rude?

15. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

No, that was not my intent. Just wanted to answer you thought about if it was the old files that caused the issue.
    Any old version of a mod will interfere with a new version, if the old version isn't deleted.

16. FawnPoem

FawnPoem
    Expand Collapse

No, it is the Russian amphibious armored personnel carrier designed in the USSR and replaced the previous vehicles, the BTR-60 and BTR-70, in the Soviet Army.

17. kaidenkricket

kaidenkricket
    Expand Collapse

make it so I can just click a button, I really want this mod, but every time I try, it doesn't come up, please make a download button.

18. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Do you mean the green install button? Or the orange download button? For either of those to show up he has to publish it to the repository (AKA mods section). There might be a reason why he hasn't published it there yet but i don't know.
    If you meant the orange download button then you can do the same thing by just clicking the zip icon attached in the first post. It downloads a zip that you have to move into documents/beamng.drive/mods.

19. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

download the zip on the first post and put it in documents/beamng.drive/mods
    he cant add those buttons because he didn't make the model, unless the creator of the model allows permission

20. Tom Beattie

Tom Beattie
    Expand Collapse

No it is based on an actual cold war era vehicle

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice