1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

High Levels of torque break steering on D-Series

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Teamlyons, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Teamlyons

Teamlyons
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone, today I began experimenting with the differentials and transfer case on the Gavril D-Series. I discovered that if enough torque is sent through the solid front axle it breaks the steering system. I find this odd as it is not damaging any other parts in the vehicle, and its not like the suspension is being flexed to the point of damaging anything. I found that running an 8.2 low range on the transfer case vs. a 2.2 ratio will destroy the steering near instantly. The same occurs when running any ratio above the stock 4.10 on the front differential. If anyone has a fix or has seen this issue before, please let me know as I'd like to have this fixed ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  2. firestarspelt

firestarspelt
    Expand Collapse

ive noticed this to though i can manage it on stock parts on h45 box with solid axle attempting to climb the volcano on jri node st4 comes off its rail

Attached Files:

• 20161228154205_1.jpg
  3. Teamlyons

Teamlyons
    Expand Collapse

That's the exact issue I was having! I thought I was the only one who was having it. I'm going to check to see if I can increase the strength of that node.
    On a side note, I found a 50 : 1 low range makes the front end of the car explode

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice