WIP Beta released Generic City Remake

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Alewyx, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

Any one know how to upload to media fare? It will be done when I know how to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Make a free account, and upload it. It's very simple.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

RELEASED

• Like Like x 1
  4. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

Yay! Thankyou So Much! I LOVE this map! :):):):D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

Update out
    Scenarios and thumbnails update

6. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

Great map!
    But, why is it uploaded to Mediafire?
    I'm sure hat BeamNG has their own cloud service.
    But a better alternative I recommend you is Mega. It's usually very fast.

7. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

It is to big to upload to regular BeamNG. And I don't have Mega.

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I will see what I can do to reduce the size of this map down to something more reasonable.
    I would also like to take over this project, possibly. This map has a LOT of assets I could use in my maps, and I wanted to make a city at some point. It would require a total re-work to make things work, but since you are the last person to put effort into it, I would ask you. I am capable of putting AI into this map, however, that requires a *LOT* of work. I am talking possibly a week (more like WEEKS) of work, or more, to really get it going well enough to put out even a public beta.
    I wouldn't just put AI on the map as it exists, I am speaking a total realistic re-vamp. Removing meshes as roads and replacing them with much-more-flexible real roads (decal roads), updating things to work better, like meshing the terrain into the models better, and generally improving things like textures and what-not (the road textures are much less than desirable, coming from someone who makes them, through no fault of your own, as these existed from the map's get-go).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

I was also wondering on multiple spawn points, but if you want the project you can take it. I can Credit you. for like... um i don't know 90 or 80%. ;) It's just so much your offering to do. Also, pls don't remove port/beach area. My favorite part of the map.

#29 Alewyx, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't remove anything. I just want to try and re-make the roads by using decal roads where possible for a more realistic feel.
    I checked out the map, it's a little under 2900 of 4096 max objects. The whole map is done with static meshes, vs being in the forest brush.

I have to try my hand at updating these models to have native collisions. This way I can put them in the forest brush, where the possibilities are endless. As for the textures on the roads, yes, those need to be updated (I already have good textures to use), but the building textures are for the most part fine. The performance was good, even if the models themselves suffered from a bit of noticeable flicker/pop-in as they blended in and out of LOD's (levels of detail). It's nothing that can't be fixed, however, and it really didn't detract from the amount of fun to be had hopping the intersections and transition points between levels in the city.
    Speaking of textures, there's a lot of png and jpg textures and other non.dds stuff that does possibly reduce performance, these could use updating (which I can do).

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

Wow
    His is possibly the first time I've seen someone so eager to improve a mod in this game.
    It sounds like as if you are planning to do a total conversion of the map.
    We're really looking forward to seeing your take on this map!
    Good luck

12. DAYTONAAAAA

DAYTONAAAAA
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if this is kind of forceful, but...
    Is it alright if you upload in Mega instead?
    It's a little easier than Mediafire imo. It's also many times faster to download and upload.
    I just keep on hitting issues with Mediafire. It fails to download everytime, and each download is painfully slow.

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Well there's no shame in trying to improve the map a bit, I enjoy it for what it is. That being said, I don't know what I can do for the models yet as I haven't messed with them yet. I stink at modeling - however, there's no denying trying to get them usable in the forest brush would truly make this map awesome, and make it able to be 'completed' at least. Even if I can't make them work by default in the forest brush, however, I can *still* make many improvements including AI etc, and turning some of the ground-highways made with meshes into terrain-based solutions.

14. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

Can you please add the file to this forum instead of in a link. Great project though!

15. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

Make a new thread if you want.

16. GailGilly

GailGilly
    Expand Collapse

The mediafire download is broken.......................

17. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Nope it ain't. i just clicked it and got to medifire and i could download the file without an problem.

18. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

I'm i'm fu*%ng confused. What do I play, Driver 2 Chicago, or This remake. Both are very big... sh!t

19. GailGilly

GailGilly
    Expand Collapse

For me it is it does not work so for me it is broken..................

20. aedan929

aedan929
    Expand Collapse

I miss this map so much! Thanks so much for the reupload!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice