General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

And everyone else feels otherwise

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the state. From the factory they aren't road legal in any state, but with turn signals and a horn they are road legal in certain states.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

He's either a troll or real and going to kill himself in a car wreck soon so either way he won't be an issue soon lol

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Driving school is useless. You'll get far more out of puttering around on private property in a real car and finding the limits for yourself.
    You aren't supposed to learn the absolute basics of driving a car on public roads with other vehicles around, especially when you've displayed the level of absolute incompetency you have. First you learn how to drive, then you drive around other cars.
    My car is 78 inches wide. I've never had any trouble with it. It takes all of 2 minutes to get used to the dimensions of a car, and no normal passenger vehicle is gonna be wide enough to cause problems.

6. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

There isn't any private property I have access to that would be big enough for more than just driving in a circle.

7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Then find an empty parking lot at night. How do you think I learned some basic car control?

Jesus, do we really have to think of everything for you?

• Like Like x 2
  8. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Parking lots still normally have curbs and other things that I could hit though and what even qualifies as basic car control?

9. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Gas pedal, brake pedal, steering wheel. That's basic car control.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Stay away from the edges and practice making turns smoothly and without driving over any lines. Then I recommend you forget about the lines and spend a while getting acquainted with the true limits of the car.
    My god you're helpless.

#4870 Potato, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

This is frank. he prefers to sleep on the gt2.

Attached Files:

• 20150522_065516.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  12. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

What the others said, you have a steering wheel, brake pedal, and a gas pedal to AVOID obstacles like that. You're literally making me think you're like this when you drive. I'm not kidding.

Seriously, do you walk into or trip over something that's in your way? No, you avoid that shit. My god.

• Like Like x 3
  13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Probably because he does. Who knows, maybe two rectangles and a really big circle are complicated controls for idiots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Good lord there could be a single pole in a 500 acre square and you'd still be worried about hitting it.
    Please, for the sake of anyone else on the road, grow a pair and learn to drive like a functioning driver.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. James Smith

James Smith
    Expand Collapse

It can be useful for learning the laws and regulations for using public roadways. (4 way stops, traffic lights, speed limits. . . )

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

It's all fun and games until a car accidentally merges on front of the speeding 350z....

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

That's all common sense stuff.

Stop at the stop sign

Go says the green light, stop says the red, drop 2 gears and mash the pedal to the floor says the yellow light twinkling in between.

Don't speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

This. The original Dodge Demon was a hopped-up Dart, which was significantly smaller than a Challenger. While I'd hate to see Dodge try to build a new one based on that sorry excuse for a car they call the Dart now, I'd love to see them back away from the "throwing nukes at Newton" approach to speed and give us a true driver's car.

The Hellcat is weird for me because, on one hand, I want to love it for being one last thumb in the eye to the tree worshippers before the even more insane CAFE regulations come along and ruin everything again, but on the other hand, I recognize that it represents all the cancer that's currently killing performance cars rolled into one package. Sure, 700 horsepower is cool, but then you find out it weighs over 4000 lbs and is full of stuff you don't need like touchscreen infotainment and has that goofy electronic shifter with its available 8-speed automatic. I'm not necessarily against more power, but it just gets ridiculous when you see cars getting heavier and heavier while the manufacturers throw more and more power at them to try to outrun the scale. Power-to-weight ratio is a valid metric, but in terms of the overall package, straight-up weight is also important in and of itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Spy pics of the 2017 HSV GTS & Maloo, they saved the best for last.
    saveover8.jpg saveover9.jpg saveover10.jpg

Holden stated today that the final Commodore will roll off the production line on October 20th

#4879 HadACoolName, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice