1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril Barstow

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 21, 2012.

1. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

He's talking about the max rpm the tachometer shows, not the engine rpm.

2. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Right, and I'm saying, It could be "albeit very fictional via Gabe" a 'move' by the manufacturer to show-off and encourage low end use/shifting.

Idk, these are my random thoughts

3. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

Well if you take a look at the last tachometer (the GTO's), it has a redline starting from 5000 till 8000. (even if technically it redlined around 6000 revs)
    But from a marketing point of view it would be a bad idea, for an average driver seeing an 7000-8000rpm tachometer is much more say attractive
    than one that has narrower range and "barely" revs till 5000 revs/min.
    Like it or not this is pinch of how the automotive industry sells it products.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

How about you look at the fact of there being very different engines offered in it? And the majority of the fun ones having the big block.

For example, think of the 302 Chevy that was in the racing Z-28 Camaros for the SCCA Trans Am circuit in the late 60's, it was only a 302, a 5.0, small enough that it could spin high RPMs for long periods. And those little 302 Chevy engines made almost 500 HP at 7K RPM.

Then think of a 70 454 SS Chevelle, with the LS7 454, was rated at 435 HP, and that was a complete lie just so the insurance wouldn't be un-godly, in reality they were well into the 500 HP range.

But while the 302 (5.0) made its power way up high, at 7,000 RPM, the 454 (7.4) made all of its power down around 5500 RPM, and would redline around 6500.

So unless Gabe wants to do different tachs for different engines, then I say keep the 5K tach, and assume the big block Gavril engines redlined around 5K.

(if this has been addressed elsewhere, I apologize)
    Gabe, is there any possibility of a coupe? or possibly a convertible? I like the car, I just have never cared for the looks of fastbacks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Looking at a recent post in the Screenshots thread, I realized that, if you really don't want anyone releasing conversions of your RoR mods, it wouldn't be difficult for someone to make a new Gavril Bandit using most of the skeleton and visible mesh of the Barstow. The Bandit name could be preserved on an option package, or it could be a higher/lower-line model based on the Barstow's bodyshell. Its existence wouldn't even be that difficult to explain away, since manufacturers still changed and restyled cars fairly frequently during this time period.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

That particular convert does have permission.

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I always thought the Bandit was a midsize car, that would make it considerably larger than the Barstow, which is a compact/pony car.

8. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

it is a tad bigger than the barstow, not sure if enough to be in a class higher.

screenshot_00463.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

It could be a later model then. What years does the Barstow cover? I think some American cars grew in the 1970s.

10. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

You can see the production years on the right when you select the car. Barstow is 1969-1971.

11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

gabester did state it was around the size of a 1969-71 mustang. It would be cool to have a smaller Barstow maybe it could have the looks of the falcon of the 60s.

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Then the Bandit could be a 1968 or 1972 Barstow.

13. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

or say it could be like the mercury cougar is to the mustang, it could be like the mercury cyclone or it could be like the Ford Capri (sold as the Mercury Capri in the states).

off topic we need something like the ford capri in beamng hint hint gabester hint hint.

14. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

It still does the thang:

• Like Like x 1
  15. roy99669

roy99669
    Expand Collapse

When one of the reverse lights is destroyed, it somehow still lights up. This only happens when one of them is destroyed.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00123.png
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Looks like the BeamNGification of the Bandit is finally complete. It was more a redesign than an update, but still, good to see it in some form.

17. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

did you know there is a town in California called Barstow? I think that's where beamng got the name from. here's a picture. barstow california.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

its pretty cool how when you hit around 2000 RPM blackish smoke starts to come out of the exhaust was this common with cars of that era?

edit: i have found so far that the burnside,moohawk (ha moo hawk) and the bolide does this aswell.

#198 ktheminecraftfan, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  19. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

You're not wrong, though I don't know why he chose it as Barstow is pretty unremarkable.
    BTW, I live in the same county, albeit it is the largest county in the U.S.

20. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Barstow is (as far as I know) located along the Route 66, and it just sounds cool. Not sure if either of those things entered Gabester's mind, but it's worth mentioning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice