G27 faulty

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by luckyman, Jan 5, 2017.

1. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

So my G27's shifter hasn't been working so I bought a whole new shifter off of eBay for $30 and the shifter on it is still not working, At this point I don't want to buy the whole wheel sense I don't have any money laying around after buying the shifter. Friends tell me to return it but i needed a new one either way it worked or not. If i had $60 i could possibly re-buy the whole wheel from eBay at a cheap price. I really don't wanna take apart my steering wheel because i might accidentally mess something up and I just want to use my 6 speed shifter again. I've used a air Compressor and that didn't work.

2. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

sounds like there is something wrong with the wheel itself or the connection port for the shifter.
    you might want to check for bent pins in the port.

#2 stbest95, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

How would i go about un bending it?

4. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

well - usually these pins are in a symetric pattern so you should be able to see if one is bent. you could try bending it back into position using pliers.

5. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Been busy today, None of them looked bent to me.

6. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

i guess the wheel itself is faulty. nothing you can do about that other than replacing it.

7. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

thats another issue, I got mine off of Craigslist and its worked fine till one day it just stopped.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice