Unsolved Exporting from 3ds max, now the car is completly black

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by CrashHard, Jan 15, 2017.

1. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Just started with some car modding. and I`m a bit stuck,
    Have moved the rear suspension of the Burnside down a bit with *nodeOffset*
    And now I can`t find a way to move the driveshaft down as well, can it be done with nodeoffset somewhere?

Any help with this would be great :)

nodeOffsetaxle.jpg

2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure the driveshaft is under props, might be under the engine section.

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I had a quick look before in the rear suspension, engine, frame and body jbeams and i could not find it. Like @Inertia said, it should be located in a props section.

4. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you guys for the suggestions, I did import the burnside model into 3ds max, and moved the driveshaft there, and then exported it again, and it worked :D

BUT.. New problem, the entire car turned black in 3ds max, and when I exported it back to the game it was still black in game, so I do not know how to fix this.

Got some error messages in 3ds
    blackcar.jpg

#3 CrashHard, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  5. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

6. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, It is not black anymore :D, but I get it covered in *no texture* Texture.

7. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Renaming parts will do that, if you duplicated the tail shaft to make one that sits lower you'll have to re-assign them a material in the material file to correct it.

8. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

all i did was inport to 3ds and then export to beamng just to test. I did not change anything in the file this time around. btw it is everything that is missing textures, not just the driveshaft.

9. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

I dont know mate, if youre still using the native max exporter I'm way out of my depth there, I fought with it for weeks before I found openCollada. It only takes about 5 mins to install rather than days of pain, lol after that its as simple as clicking export with openCollada in the export options and unchecking 1 or 2 options in the pop up box

10. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

No I`m now using the openCollada plugin, and I import it as a openCollada format, and export it like openCollada format
    and this is what I get in game now. did you have this problem to ?
    Notexture.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice