WIP Exclusion Zone

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by tajl19786.6, Apr 6, 2016.

1. tajl19786.6

tajl19786.6
    Expand Collapse

I am currently developing the pre-existing map "Rally Forest" by dpitkin into an abandoned nuclear city that strongly reflects qualities (like architecture) of the Ukrainian city of Chernobyl and Pripyat. Currently, as of 4/6/16 I have completed the city part and now I'm onto the villages that can be spotted around the actual cities. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be complete and i will upload it. This is my first map and so far I'm very proud of it. Again, credit to dpitkin for developing a great map which serves as my foundation.
    Specific references include, but not limited to:
    -Beamng map "Rally Forest" by dpitkin
    -The city of Pripyat
    -The town of Chernobyl
    -The various surrounding farm villages
    -The Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant-(Reactor 4 and 6)
    -DUGA 1 (The "Russian Woodpecker" radio transmitter)
    -Wildlife
    Important!!! As the map sits now, beamng will still see it as Rally Forest so make sure you dont have rally forest present just in case it messes something up. If people like what they see here i will begin the chore of going through the json files and changing the "rally forest" to "exclusion zone" so i can upload it on the mods list as a new map. Please let me know of any issues and enjoy!

Attached Files:

#1 tajl19786.6, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 42
  2. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Where did you get those house models :rolleyes: ?

3. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Looks interesting. Could be my favourite new map. Would be nice to take some screenshots there :O

4. tajl19786.6

tajl19786.6
    Expand Collapse

Got most from 3D Warehouse and then most needed a lot of modification to conform to interiors, jumps, stunts, etc.

5. dpitkin

dpitkin
    Expand Collapse

I'm ok with you modifying my map, but next time ask for permission before you use my map.

• Like Like x 10
  6. tajl19786.6

tajl19786.6
    Expand Collapse

Gotcha dpitkin I made sure to give you credit multiple times. I understand you're concern though. Thank you for being cool about it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Finally...

STALKER_Shadow_of_Chernobyl_coverBNG.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Cool, radioactive. Stay in your cars. ;)

9. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Ohhhh, i am extremely exited about this. are you going to make it drive able everywhere? will you make the actual city with roads? or is it just a background for the rally map.
    Seriously looking forward for this tho.

10. benad1

benad1
    Expand Collapse

Potentially the coolest map on here! It could just be my mild obsession with Chernobyl, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tajl19786.6

tajl19786.6
    Expand Collapse

Roads will vary and they wont all be Eastern Block style since straight roads are kind of boring in this game. I will tell you that roads aren't the only way of navigation... Ill leave it at that. I've always had an obsession with the place and was surprised no one had made a map here yet.

12. Marijntje600

Marijntje600
    Expand Collapse

This looks amazing! Can't wait for it.

13. Dario555

Dario555
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait for this!

14. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

http://www.beamng.com/threads/ghost-town.16405/page-5#post-347338 here ya go

15. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Seems like a pretty cool idea. Every game needs a Pripyat/Chernobyl in it :)
    So yea, entirely this could be quite awesome. Lots of relevant things in Stalker game series for something like this.
    There are also soviet panel house models (the square 'Panelek' apartment buildings) in other games, though Stalker possibly has some of the best ones. I'd recommend updating the textures, though.
    Big fan of the Stalker series, so this is only fitting I like this. Will keep an eye out.

16. tajl19786.6

tajl19786.6
    Expand Collapse

Bob thanks for the compliments and most people are inspired to research this place through Stalker although i was introduced to it by Call of Duty 4 with the 2 campaign missions which are still my all-time favorites from the series.

17. fire kop YT

fire kop YT
    Expand Collapse

When about the level is going to be complete?

18. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

When he completes it. That's when it's done. Not before
    BTW, Awesome map so far!

19. tajl19786.6

tajl19786.6
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! It should be another week or two.

20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Talj: If you should ever lose motivation, feel lost or somehow unable to complete this, take some time off from it for a day or two. Play some other games with themes like this, such as the venerable Stalker series (there's actually a mod of it I'm playing now at tecnobacon.com called Stalkersoup but it's ungodly difficult to figure out), or even something like the COD campaign you mentioned above (though I've never played CoD). You could also watch some video taken from the exclusion zone. It's incredibly available now with places like Youtube.com and such in existence. I have been making game mods for over 20 years now, since the DooM days - so believe me when I say how much of a help some place like 'youtube' or a set from Stalker is for inspiration - especially when you had nothing but a few 320x240 jpg's to go off of years ago. Immerse and obsess yourself with the setting through videos and the games until something pops out to you and you think: Hey that's pretty cool - I have got to put that in! It's a big responsibility putting out a GOOD map. There's a LOT of work involved in it. If you should ever need some roadway textures - though mine are for a 'better kept' section of road, you could always do a search for my 'nevada interstate' map (you'll find the thread in mods of mods), you'll find a lot of roadway textures in it. All the roadway textures I've put in my map are absolutely free to use. There's also a few concrete/stone textures (some might look good on your buildings) but they're mainly meant for stone walls and stuff. Just putting it on offer, considering I know all the effort that goes into making a map, especially something that hasn't been already done before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice