1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. The Stigs german cousin

The Stigs german cousin
    Expand Collapse

Hello, one more question:
    I had this problem with several cars. Sometimes when I spawn a car (not necessarily a mod car), the engine is turned off. Since there is not option to turn on an engine in Beamng, is there any way to fix this?
    I figured out that occasionally it works if I press the clutch and give it gas. But it only works on some cars, on others it doesnt..

2. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

There is a way to turn on the car. Press V.
    The gas pedal thing works but only if the vehicle is moving at an certain speed.

3. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG has added an engine stalling feature in 0.8. On official cars, press and hold V for a second and the engine should start.

Also, any car mods that were not updated later than mid-December 2016 are very likely to broken due to 0.8. These mods usually result in the engine not working or the car not being able to move.

If you have mods, try disabling/uninstalling a few of them or run BeamNG in safe mode (This disables all installed mods).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Running older mods with newer versions of the game usually doesn't work correctly. Check if there's any really old mods, or you're just accidentally turning the engine off with V or down on the D-Pad if you're using a controller.

5. The Stigs german cousin

The Stigs german cousin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I am still playing with 0.7.0.2 version of the game

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Version 0.7.0.2 doesn't include any of the big recent changes to the powertrain,
    That includes no ability to turn off/on the engine (it can shut off in certain cases still, but no way to turn it on again).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice