1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Civetta Bolide

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Thats called adding wheels to an egg shell and using electric motors and batteries to power it.
    #ModernCarDesign
    Save in weight to save fuel, Use resources that leave a bigger footprint on the environment.
    (It will take a few of you awhile to figure this out but the egg shell does not have much to do with this)

• Like Like x 5
  2. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

An egg shape seems like what I imagine a car made by google or apple would look like, most modern cars look more like boxes that were rounded and smoothed off to the point of being a blob that I would call an "oblong safety cube", some newer cars seem to be coming riced from the factory though so I guess that's a bit better.

3. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Car design rants... im out.

4. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

They exist... as specially made vehicles though... Apparently based on a Bedford Rascal.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
  6. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

i love.
    i dont love.

7. Randomdeath

Randomdeath
    Expand Collapse

nah i was joking around XD

8. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

I really liked in the newest update how the 390 GTR has the factory graphics on it, I think it looks fitting on the car. screenshot_00578.png

9. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Why does this car have orange rear running lights?
    screenshot_00021.png

And when you turn the indicator on, the side markers also go brighter!
    screenshot_00022.png

Is this a bug, or?...

• Like Like x 1
  10. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I think that the Bolide would have to be my favorite of the three supercars in the game so far (I personally count the K Series as a supercar). Sure, it's the trickiest car in the game to drive fast, but once I learned how to drive it well on a keyboard, I was able to absolutely destroy the SBR4 and K-Series with the Italian Wedge. Around the Industrial Perimeter Racetrack, the Bolide 390 GTR was able to achieve a 47.731-second lap - almost three seconds quicker than the SBR4 TTS2 (that car did a 50.406-second lap) and even in standard 320 form, the mid-engined monster could beat the 1988 Pessima ZX AWS, despite the latter's handling advantage (53.688 for the 320 vs. 53.765 for the AWS Pessima). What I also love about the Bolide is that, when the body is removed and the rear diff is geared way up, it can achieve crazy speed for its horsepower - I think I once hit almost 300 miles per hour with only 400 horsepower from the 3.9-liter engine. Overall, 10/10 car, and very much a TVR simulator in a way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MKPanther

MKPanther
    Expand Collapse

I would like a GT1 of this... and for GT1 i mean:
    upload_2017-1-23_17-56-51.jpeg upload_2017-1-23_17-57-18.jpeg upload_2017-1-23_17-57-42.jpeg
    yupp

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-1-23_17-57-46.jpeg
  12. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone happen to know what font "CIVETTA" is in? I am making a skin and the .png picture isn't big enough so it would look all pixel, I tried to use a font match tool but had no luck.

13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I used to think this car was a mashup of 512BB (the looks/aero) and Countach (the power output and optional wing), but now that the sound update has revealed the V8s to be cross-crank rather than the flat-crank setup I would have expected, I think there might be a little bit of DeTomaso Pantera lurking somewhere in this car's background. Which I don't mind at all, seeing as how the Pantera is one of my dream cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

It's also worth noting though that the current sounds are placeholders (tdev mentioned he purchased a license to use said audio samples, hence why the zip is locked)
    No doubt these samples will most likely be replaced by more polished examples that better resemble the engine types ingame.
    It's entirely possible that there were no flatplane V8 samples available, so they used the regular V8 samples as a placeholder

Also going off the fact that the engine model is DOHC, it seems highly unlikely that the engine would be American sourced like a Pantera. Still doesn't rule out the possibility of it being a crossplane design, but most Italian made V8's of the era opted for the flatplane as it was considered to be better suited for a supercar.

Interesting side note, one of Ferrari's flatplane V8's was actually converted to a crossplane for use in the Lancia Thema, a luxury saloon.

#295 Bakasan, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know about the Thema 8.32. These cars, though they do draw inspiration from different real-life models, are not necessarily beholden to any specific RL counterpart.. Perhaps, in-universe Civetta had some inscrutable Italian reason for wanting a crossplane crankshaft - it's not necessarily impossible to make them rev (see: NASCAR), and... dangit, now I forget what the advantages of the crossplane setup are (other than sounding awesome, of course).

17. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

I believe it had to do with engine smoothness, crossplane engines run smoother with less vibrations and such, flatplanes tend to be lighter and more responsive. crossplanes also tent to produce a less peaky torque curve.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

So I was driving this beast in a tuner's day out, and was thoroughly impressed by the, "accelerates nicely to 5k but holy sh*t, there's way more!" Queue the Billy Mays intro.

19. Kippeth

Kippeth
    Expand Collapse

The Civetta Bolide, Corse Competizione of the car could do with some tweaking in the cooling department. it cant complete a single lap of the West Coast USA, Long Circuit without having heating issues.

20. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

It's a mod, you know. Ask the author about it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice