BeamNG Stunt Driving Compilations

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Spec Racer Z, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Now that I'm starting to get a playlist of them built up, thought it might be a good time to make a stunt driving focused compilation thread. If you have any of your own stunt compilations, feel free to share them in the thread.

A note about stunts, there's a bit of a vague point between drifting and stunt driving. Videos only containing clean drifts around a track or road isn't really what this is meant for, but weaving through obstacles with inches to spare while making those drifts or doing gymkhana routes fits in just fine.

• Like Like x 4
  2. kong_manshow

kong_manshow
    Expand Collapse

Been polishing up this gem of a stunt the past few days.

This was the tamest landing I could pull off doing the double, but Its still a little too violent for my liking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

I've seen the two other performances you've done of that barrel roll and it's just as great each time.

Still haven't quite completed my Hirochi Raceway Bridge Stunt Compilation, but I have a practice montage and a Tokyo Drift video. It's in that grey area I'm talking about, but the size of the car makes the bridge itself an obstacle.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Connor S.

Connor S.
    Expand Collapse

Wow simply amazing

• Like Like x 1
  5. Logank1109

Logank1109
    Expand Collapse

That Tokyo drift vid was awesome! I wish I could do that...

6. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Dude these are great
    Just amazing

7. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for all the compliments. @Logank1109 Posted this to someone on the BeamNG subreddit, but good to post it here as well for anyone interested in learning to drift a muscle car.
    "The trick is to learn that balancing point in the early part of the drift. Start to swing the car around but lightly ease off the throttle as you do so and slowly let the rear move wide rather than wildly tossing it to the side. Let it stall and straighten naturally the first few times rather than aggressively steering it straight, then start to throw it a little harder to get higher angles and do the same thing. Eventually you'll want to start squeezing the throttle slowly just before you'd start straightening out to gently extend the drift. Muscle cars are heavier, which ironically means you can't be as heavy handed or you'll get the weight too unsettled and spin out. Just like anything, learn to crawl before you run and expect lots of failures for the first hour or two before you get the muscle memory and awareness to balance it, but it's worth it."

Only requirement is that you need to have at least a controller with analog throttle to practice, whether it's set to triggers or a right analog stick or something else.

Also for anyone who doesn't have enough stunt clips for a compilation, posting webm videos using Gfycat is a good option. It gives you a lightweight preview, and then you can go to the direct link for 60fps 1080p in even clearer quality than YouTube (without audio). These will be in compilations, but not finished editing them yet.
    Gfycat Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

• Like Like x 2
  8. Logank1109

Logank1109
    Expand Collapse

Ya that's my issue. I can drift it pretty well for drifting with a keyboard. I don't have a steering wheel or a controller of any kind.

9. taylorbinder66

taylorbinder66
    Expand Collapse

Well, mine's not a compilation but still a neat little baby double flip lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

It's been a while, so thought I'd post a preview of things to come in 0.8.

SkiingtheDumpTruck.gif TrailerLandingRamp.gif

#10 Spec Racer Z, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Use the replay app :D

12. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

I do, but it still causes occasional crashes when I try to use it with complex sets of props, so sometimes I just drive from inconvenient cameras and capture the scene as I do it instead. You might be surprised how accurate you can become with your speed based on sound and feel alone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Continuing the theme of improvised and disguised ramps. Have at least 5 more takes to choose from when I start making the full compilation. (Photo gallery here.)

Until then, here's a video of some stunt brainstorming and lots of outtakes.

#13 Spec Racer Z, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  14. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Alright, these should be my last individual stunt clips before the full compilations. DaVinci Resolve is perfect for the visual editing part, but it breaks the audio every time, making the full compilations much more of a challenge to finish. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait and extra effort in any case.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

It's been quite a while since I updated this thread, so I thought I'd make a new compilation out of an idea I had. I'd seen barrel rolls into drifts in sims with less extensive damage modeling and decided to experiment until I figured out a reasonably survivable barrel roll jump drift technique in BeamNG.drive. I even managed to get the ETK K-Series to do it, which is a very fragile car for jumping.

16. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

I made a stunt montage inspired by the Baby Driver opening, and I've been practicing 90° and 180° parallel parking stunts as well.

17. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Already started exploring some stunt possibilities in West Coast USA.

18. karost

karost
    Expand Collapse

Heh, maybe this fits in here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty great, I'd pay to see that at a stunt show. That reminds me actually, I never did post my monster truck side wheelie and endo stunts here.

I also challenged myself to my longest side wheelie on a fairly straight public road in a not-so-monster truck for the 0.11 update.

20. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Gymkhana session on the West Coast USA parking garage.

Also something unique, here's some aerobatic flying stunts in the Cessna O-1 Bird Dog mod.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice