1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.8.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Changing the game theme colors does not change the main menu highlighted button colors OR the border colors of buttons that you see when navigating the ui with an controller:
    upload_2017-1-19_23-19-4.png upload_2017-1-19_23-19-55.png

And on another note(I don't think I've mentioned it) i dislike that the ui app editor atocloks apps to the middle if they are close enough. Either make it optional or disable it. I can't put the apps like precisely wan them and they end up overlapping another app even though there is still a few pixels space left if i could move it a bit to the side if it didn't lock on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wabash1070

Wabash1070
    Expand Collapse

The car flipping when spinning out over 150 is not good at all. The update might have changed something in the aerodynamics. Because I had the issue with the veering on the Sunburst on the last update when I made the car a wagon using VM's and Djplopper's variety mods. I had to change some parts in order to stop the veering. But if the car is flipping the moment it turns backwards then the wing needs to go to a spoiler like this Because when Nascar had the spoiler like the picture I put in the car's wouldn't really flip the moment the car got spun around. But when Nascar went to the Wing like this The cars flipped a lot and they went back to the spoiler and the car's don't flip when the car gets spun around. So Yes I think the wing needs to go and it needs to be replaced with a Nascar type spoiler. Maybe then it won't flip when it gets spun around.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

@Wabash1070 Stock cars and hillclimb cars are very different styles of vehicle. A stock car race involves very high average speeds in close traffic conditions with high collision risks, so preventing blowover situations and increasing safety even if it means a slight handling detriment isn't a bad way to go about it. Hillclimb cars are specialized for time attacking uphill courses which often have little in the ways of safety barriers similar to rally, and they do not race with other cars. Should they ever end up going backwards at a high rate of speed on a typical hill climb course, you already have much bigger concerns than flipping into the air.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wabash1070

Wabash1070
    Expand Collapse

Well Hillclimb cars can't be veering because they will fly off and die. Hillclimb cars need to not spin out also. Flipping also gains you altitude and more altitude will make the impact with something even harder.

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

The clutch assist does not affect the CVT at all since all CVTs have a torque converter in beam.

As for that turbo issue... I can reproduce it and there is no easy way to fix that. The issue arises from the huge range for the wastegate which makes it somewhat impossible to calculate where the boost will end up. (which in turn is a required information for proper powertrain setup, so if the "calculated" boost ends up way lower than what actually happens after init, the powertrain won't be stiff enough)

The real question though is, why would you want such a huge range in the wastegate? It's perfectly fine to have a 2 or 3psi range.
    Having such a huge range just slows down turbo spool after all.

Maybe the concept of "Start"/"Limit" is not too obvious?

• Like Like x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

My ever failing memory probably is messing things up with the CVT again then :-\

In real car, especially with older ones, there are no bleed valve or computer to control boost, so wastegate pretty much starts to open right when there are boost, which does create lag for the turbo, which from old turbo cars are quite famous about. Common mod was to install valve that keeps pressure line for wastegate adjuster shut until certain pressure is reached (in game this is wastegate start setting).

Limit is when wastegate is fully open / maximum what wastegate can let out, in some situations wastegate has been 'too small' and that has IRL lead to broken engines when boost just kept climbing.

That is at least how I understand it, but to think one understands and in reality to understand can often (usually) be two separate things :D

You could tie clutch calculation to wastegate limit setting (you would calculate always for maximum), unless that create issues with too high clutch torque in some situations?

7. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Interesting, thanks for sharing those insights. Most of my knowledge is about modern european cars, so that sometimes leads to lack of knowledge :)
    We could indeed use the upper limit, which would also work for the physical parts, however, the "Torque curve" app also looks at that data to determine the final torque/power, so that app would display slightly high values.
    (Just to share some numbers, currently when using the full range, the boost will settle somewhere around 37 PSI while the game expects more like 7 PSI :| )

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I had once Volvo 940 Turbo diesel, launching from intersection was like this, 1st gear, nothing, 2nd gear not much, 3rd gear sssswwwwOOOOSSSHHH ;-)

One classic is 911 Turbo (930), here is someone's video, go full throttle, then wait:
    [MEDIA=youtube][/MEDIA]

Bit of opposite happens when you have too small wastegate, you get boost quick and nice, but then when you have pedal on metal at peak power, wastegate is not letting enough exhaust go past turbo and exhaust has no where else to go than into turbo, that adds boost, which adds more exhaust and your boost just keeps climbing, which leads to overboost, great fun for very short time.

You can find a lot info by searching wastegate size and overboost if interested and enough time to spend (who has?).

9. Haida

Haida
    Expand Collapse

In some cars manual transmission only work with 1 gear on arcade.
    On Realistic evrything is okay.

10. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 you should update the main post a bit. The g920 issue seems to have been solved in the thread by downloading an file and there is an 0.8 compatible version of more features mod released.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

20170123191002_1.jpg 20170123191311_1.jpg Drive shaft doesnt line up...

13. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Found a small issue with one of the layouts in Quick Play. Certain T-Series and H-Series vehicles can't fit properly in the normal starting area of Port Rally.
    screenshot_00129.png
    (Side note, the Cabster Cargo Box did it in 2:24 on its first try after I lifted it from the wall.)

14. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

The game is broken af. I get fatal vehicle exceptions all the time

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

..Mods?..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RetroStevie

RetroStevie
    Expand Collapse

If I remove the fuel tank in the vehicle selector, the UI shows the fuel as full, but in the car it shows the fuel is empty.

17. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

So i noticed when i tried doing a burnout it wouldnt shift into 2nd gear... It used to before this powertrain update and does IRL with some automatics... it wouldnt shift till i got a bit of speed, then it shifted...

18. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Nope, ran it in safe mode and still. I seems to be happening when recovering a car. Guess I'll just have to hope for the best in the next update.

19. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yep, that's exactly as expected and as we implemented it. Useful for high powered cars so they don't bog down instantly after shifting and for easier drifting.

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

1:
    At Hirochi raceway such happens to me on some vehicles, when I had 2 vehicles, I set other to AI control and to flee, then after crash I hit R on one vehicle, then tab and R on another vehicle and noticed there was vehicle exception.

2:
    I have got few times head lights illumination to stick on ground and not to move with a vehicle, something to do with setting light quality and then disabling shadows, while lights are on, but I have not figured out exact way to reproduce that yet, however I believe it has something to do with changing disable shadows option. I have observed this at least Utah and East Coast maps and I think if having all shadows on, then disabling all shadows it likes to happen more.

3:
    Then on Sunburst when lights are off and you hit R after crash, gauge lights turn on, I think same happens with Barstow too, but I remember how if I had lights on with Barstow and I hit R. gauge lights were off, but when I hit brake gauge lights turned on, driving lights remained on whole time.

I think there is a bug in some place which stores state of gauge lights or lights in general, not sure if ground sticking lights are related to that or not.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think that older automatic gearboxes don't have any idea if wheels are slipping or not, those just change gears based on torque and speed of shafts. New ones have probably all fancy electronics which I'm happily ignorant of :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Number 2 is easy to reproduce by having light quality at full, shadows all on, then change shadows to partial and drive around at night, illumination of headlights works only on small segment of road, when you drive further road is not lit anymore.

So when disable shadows is set to partial or all, then lights don't work as they should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice